Verizon lost my trade in.
sd58na4944
Enthusiast - Level 2

I honestly do not know where to start. Hands down the absolute worst service I have ever received in my life. Do not and I repeat do not trade in phones with verizon. Go In the store and take pictures of them being packaged when you turn them in.. It will help you in the long run in small claims court. Back in July I switched from tmobile and received 4 lines. I traded in 2 iphones. Only 1 was marked as received. I have spent over 15 hours on the phone with the call center who have no authority to make any decisions so i just get the run around. I have no one left to talk to and feel like I have exhausted all available options. My only option left is to go to small claims court to try to recover the money that has been stolen from me. It is truly sad what has happened to customer service. Please heed my warning. 

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon lost my trade in.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, sd58na4944. We are sorry to hear that one of your trade ins was not marked as received. The good new is that you have reached the right place to get this issue resolved. We have sent you a Private Note to assist you further. *Cassie

0 Likes
sd58na4944
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Cassie I never received a private message from anyone. Not surprised.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, sd58na4944. We are sorry that the Private Note was not received. Let's try this again. We have sent you a Private Note. *Cassie

0 Likes
Mellannie1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I are having a very similar problem. UPS shows that the tracking number was in fact delivered to their warehouse. I have the proof of shipment and delivery from UPS. Verizon states they do not have the tracking number on file and the burden of proof is on my wife and I. 5 phone calls with no solution. We came back to Verizon because of coverage, however we are starting to remember similar situation with customer service... Terrible.

0 Likes
Mellannie1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I are having a very similar problem. UPS shows that the tracking number was in fact delivered to their warehouse. I have the proof of shipment and delivery from UPS. Verizon states they do not have the tracking number on file and the burden of proof is on my wife and I. 5 phone calls with no solution. We came back to Verizon because of coverage, however we are starting to remember similar situation with customer service... Terrible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mellannie1997, we regret to learn of this trade-in issues and want to help make things right. If we can confirm the Device ID has been received we can help correct the trade-in credit.

We've sent you a private message to further assist. Thank you.

- Alan

sd58na4944
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trust me I understand. Not only did Verizon lose my phone my signature was also forged on the customer agreement. I did everything online. Over 20 hours and got nowhere. I was also put on a plan I never even heard of. Do not let it stress you out. Filing a small claims suit is simple and easy. That is my only resolution. People have to know what they are dealing with. Please keep me updated on what happens. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sd58na4944,

I want to make sure we get this entirely resolved and you get what you are supposed to. I know how important that is. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when you can so we can fully assist you. -Andrew

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sd58na4944,

I want to make sure we get this entirely resolved and you get what you are supposed to. I know how important that is. I want to get to the bottom of this for good.

I know when we last messaged with you that you only had the one submission ID. Have you had any luck locating another? The reason I ask is that the submission ID isn't given when you ship the phone, it is given when you submit the trade-in through our website. Each phone would have its own ID when you submitted them through our website. If both phones were submitted online sending them in one box would be okay, though you certainly should have gotten a box for each, but if only one phone was submitted on the website that would be a separate issue. Does this make sense?

-Andrew

0 Likes