Voicemail with no missed call, doesn’t ring, straight to voicemail
JLH1588
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a huge issue with missing calls, someone will call me and my phone will not ring or even show a missed call yet then some time later a voicemail will pop up.  I work remotely and I have missed calls from colleagues as well as my boss.  It’s extremely embarrassing and unprofessional when I have no idea that my boss tried to reach me until hours later when a voicemail pops up.  It’s not very believable when I explain that I never got a missed call, although that’s exactly what’s happening.  I pay a lot of money for Verizon service and for my iPhone 12 Pro and I just want it to receive phone calls!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail with no missed call, doesn’t ring, straight to voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JLH1588. Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. As a user myself, I manage my family's life from my phone, and now how important it is to receive your calls to not miss anything important. I am here to help. To start, how long ago did you notice the problem begin?  ~Pamela

0 Likes
JLH1588
Enthusiast - Level 2

It had happened a few times over the last year, but more so over the last few months.  I’ve started noticing it very frequently since March/April.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are the kind of details we need, JLH1588. Since this got more frequent in the past few months, have you noticed any other strange things on your phone? When is the last time your phone was powered off for a minute or two and then restarted?

-George

0 Likes
JLH1588
Enthusiast - Level 2

I restart my phone almost every morning, at least 4 times a week, in hopes to prevent this from happening but it doesn’t help at all.  There’s nothing else going on with my phone, just this issue.  It is updated to the most recent iOS. 

0 Likes
JLH1588
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is becoming more of an issue, can I please get some help?? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you only missing calls while at home, or does this happen when out and about too? Are you connected to Wi-Fi at home? What is the signal you are getting?

-Christopher

0 Likes
JLH1588
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens mostly at home, I am connected to wifi at home automatically. It has happened occasionally while out but I really can’t be sure because I don’t know until sometimes hours later when a voicemail pops up.  I have tried enabling wifi calling and it still happens, it has happened when I’ve had two bars before. 

This is becoming a huge issue for me as I work remotely and need my phone to get calls, I am seriously considering switching carriers if there is no solution. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure we will figure this out. I totally get needing to get these voicemails. I will send you a private message to further help you. 

-Amber

0 Likes