cell service in Puerto Rico
Krhodesr

I have been working Puerto Rico for a few years, and other than the usual dropped calls and spotty coverage, my phone generally worked.  That has changed over the past 6 months.

Partially due to this issue, I recently upgraded to the 12Pro.  I was thorough with sales rep about traveling between east coast and Puerto Rico, having many issues with "restricted calling" and just having no LTE or other extended network showing up on the upper right corner of my phone. I have done network resets, all resets, and I have an international roaming plan.  My phone has no service.

This continues with the new phone, but only after a week of being on the island.  When I landed, I simply turned on my phone and it worked.  To be clear, I am on my personal wifi now, in NW PR.  I am within a mile of 2 large towers at my apartment.  When I get in my car and drive away, I'm down.

could this be a bad SIM card?  Do I receive a new SIM card each time I upgrade phones?  What possibly could be the issue? 

And, yes, I'm standing by......................................................................

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cell service in Puerto Rico
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you get the best possible service when and where you need it! Please send us a Private Note and we can offer you more personalized support.   -Yale

0 Likes
mannjoshua31
Enthusiast - Level 1

I travel here every Monday and have a similar problem. I got here this morning and have 0 service. I've been told AT&T is your best bet being here on the island. I'll be looking into with on Thursday in Florida.

0 Likes
Krhodesr

Unlock your phones people.  I am told by Apple the 12 pro also allows an electronic SIM to be added, and you can have a second line on the 12 series.  Verizon tech support didn't help me and I have been left with no phone, text, GPS capability, so I just swapped out the SIM card.  I cannot use my phone number however, and so I'm trying to do business while sending an updated phone contact to everyone.  It's truly stupid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krhodesr, keeping you connected is a priority. Our goal is to provide options for a resolution, so we regret reading that our tech support team was not helpful with this issue. Please check your Private Messages, so we can ensure the correct action was taken. 

-David

0 Likes