iPhone 12 Poor reception, No Service / No Cellular reception
GS127
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problems EVERYONE is having with the iPhone 12 series IS NOT a Verizon issue. Customers with AT&T, T-Mobile, etc... all having the same issues. Calls dropped, No Service in areas their old iPhone had service. No service inside buildings. This is an APPLE problem with ALL iPhone 12 series phones. This type of problem was not present in my old iPhone XR. I've tried working with tech support locally at a Verizon store, online support, I've tried a new SIM card, resetting the phone, disabling 5G,... there is no fix. It's a faulty product. There is only ONE SOLUTION... we send the phones back... ALL OF US.. nd force APPLE to fix the issue. The only way APPLE listens is $$$$... stop paying for the phones. Get an old iPhone 11 or X / Xr and go to a 3rd party provider. When Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile stops getting paid, they will complain to APPLE and force APPLE to fix the problem. If we continue to pay, there is no problem.

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 12 Poor reception, No Service / No Cellular reception
ravenstone916
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon  deducts automatically. I never had this problem. Apples says both my phones are perfect. (They are brand new). I am testing by putting new sim card in my old iPhone 6 to see if that works. If not, Verizon better upgrade me to iPhone 13 or credit me and go back to iPhone 11. Soooo frustrated

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out, I would love to love to be of assistance to you. Please meet us in a Private Note. *Cecile

0 Likes
LonnieO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why private when EVERYONE having same problems .

One reason VErizon is having the issues is you sub-let your network to T Mobile 

as if the Billions of dollars you

Charge  your customers wasn’t enough for Verizon 

you weighed down network by selling useage to t mobile 

= GREED

radine
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded from an iPhone 6 that had service everywhere to this 12 which has extremely poor service.  In my workplace I always had cell service where no one else did and now it's the other way around.  Same problem for my husband.  Super-upset that I let myself get talked into a new phone that I didn't really need and now have LESS than what I started with!

jeffomoss
Enthusiast - Level 1

my phone is doing the same verizon is sending a new phone but i don’t think it will matter

Muppethead
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not just the iPhone 12...2 of us have the iPhone SE (2020) and we both have extremely poor reception - almost none inside of buildings...step away from the area and it's perfect.  

We each thought it was "our" phones problem until we started talking.  One does have the iPhone 12.  All three of us work in the same company/location and have the EXACT same issue!

We just noticed it at the beginning of Oct 2021. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Muppethead,

I depend on my phone every day and would be concerned too if I were having any trouble with it! We want to make sure we are on the same page here.  You are having trouble with your phone while inside your building for work? When you leave the building, your service gets better?

-Christopher

0 Likes
Muppethead
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow - that was FAST!

No. I'm at an elementary school. Even when I stand in the middle of the playground and unobstructed by buildings and trees, I still get very little service...texts won't go through and say "undelivered" apps won't even load, web browser just stalls. Even the app store won't load.

Once, I'm about a block away, everything goes back to where it should be with web browser/apps/etc..

Quite honestly, it's the strangest thing.

I've tried rebooting the phone, again, thinking it was a "me/my phone" issue...installing/uninstalling apps, tried safari/chrome web browsers...

0 Likes
ts40

I have the same issue.  It's getting worse.  It's so annoying.  i am dropping work calls all the time.

0 Likes