Re: iPhone 12 bogo scam
ChumChum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon told me it would never come because I paid for the phone and therefore didn't fit the correct BOGO profile. Again, this is how your sales rep set it up. With a tremendous amount of issues from Verizon's failure on porting, to spitting my accoutn, false billing on wrong rates, and now no BOGO applied to my account, I've spent somewhere around 20 hours on the phone with Verizon. Verizon hasn't offered so much as a throat lozenge as a comp. 

0 Likes
ChumChum
Enthusiast - Level 2

DJZ,

Sadly, you often have to pay in time for them to correct errors. Enough calls and chats indicates that Verizon will lose more money due to your disasification than if they just credit your account. I believe suppervisors can credit up to around $1,000 with an "inconvenience" label on it. It is terrible customer service, but stand on principles long enough and you will succeed.

Best Regards,

ChumChum

0 Likes
ChumChum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Scott D, 

Great news, Verizon finally sent me an e-mail confirming an account credit which gets us closer to my original deal. The credit covers over 2 months of billing. But...I don't trust Verizon, so I offer you a friendly wager. 

My Risk: I leave my debit account linked to my Verizon account (serious risk for me at this point).

My Loss Condition: Verizon doesn't bill me anyway this month.

Your Risk: You provide my account with an offset credit for the paperless promotion, allowing me to switch payment to a credit card without changing my monthly payment.

Your Loss Condition: Verizon bills me anyway this month despite the stack of credits.

Agreed?

Best Regards,

ChumChum

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure all our customers are receiving the nations most reliable experience. Please, Private Message us anytime for live agent support. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes
ChumChum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nicholas,

I have used the live chat feature many times. I can confirm that the experience is consistent. Unfortunately, it is consistently terrible. The customer service call-in is wildly inconsistent, which offers some hope with each call.

Best Regards,

ChumChum

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChumChum, we never want to leave you with a bad taste in your mouth and not be able to trust us. If you still have any additional concerns pertaining to this issue, please respond to the Private Note that I will be sending you to review this further. Have a great day! 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes