iPhone 12 hotspot on but not visible to other devices
Nickj6425
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since my wife upgraded to the iPhone 12 we can't connect to her hotspot. She can toggle it on using her phone however other devices can never discover the network. We have tried resetting the network on her phone and then turning the phone off for 2 minutes so that it could properly reset. Still it appears turned on looking at her phone but does not broadcast a network discoverable to other devices.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 12 hotspot on but not visible to other devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to set up your Wi-Fi Hotspot. Is the device running the latest version of iOS?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Ugarxdawg1

Yes it is

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply! When did this problem begin?*Breanna

0 Likes
Ugarxdawg1

Since I got my phone months ago

0 Likes
Ugarxdawg1

I turn on my personal hotspot and my family members can see it just fine. Every once in a while, it’ll show for my work computer. But 99% of the time, any device that I do not own will not even see my hotspot. Is there a setting somewhere that makes it only visible to family?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ugarxdawg1, thank you for sharing this information. Making sure your device's Mobile Hotspot is available to use on other devices is important. Can you please follow this link  https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-206965/ and reference number 3 to confirm that the "Allow Others to Join" switch is enabled?  -Sylvia

0 Likes