iPhone 12 mini won’t activate
big_ring11

I have been trying to activate my new iPhone 12 mini for almost 24 hours. My old phone is an iPhone 7 and it still has service. I disabled find my phone on the old one and followed all the steps. Everything seems to be correct on my new phone except that it won’t activate.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 12 mini won’t activate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Big_ring11, congratulations on your new phone. I know that I would be beyond anxious to start enjoying it. Let's get to the bottom of what is happening. When receiving this phone did you remove the installed SIM card and place an alternate one in the phone? When going to the Settings, is Wi-Fi on or off? Have you powered off the old phone and then attempted to power off and back on the new phone? -LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
big_ring11

I did not switch SIM cards; I left the new one in my new phone (says 5G on it). I have powered off my old phone probably 10 times and then powered my new phone on over the past 24 hours. My new phone still says “iPhone in not activated Contact your carrier if this problem continues to occur”. I tried calling Verizon support, but they are off on weekends. 

0 Likes
big_ring11

The WiFi is on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can delve into this further? *Lisa

0 Likes
big_ring11

Yes, please help. Do I need to go to a physical Verizon store to have my phone activation issue solved?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help with activation and I'm confident that we will complete activation. To confirm, what happens when you dial #832?-Lorenzo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can assist with an activation here. Please send a Private Note to continue.  *Jesse

0 Likes
ronmurphy

Same exact problem here with my IPhone 12 pro.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ronmurphy! We're sorry about the situation. We're happy to help you with the activation. Please reply to our private note if you still need help. ~Aaron

0 Likes