imessage help
janezzzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently deployed overseas and had to suspend my account with verizon over the next few months. However, i could still use my phone for messages and facetime while using my actual number not my Apple ID as long as i was connected to wifi. After i suspended my account i kept my phone on airplane mode with no issues. last night my phone died and when it turned on again my imessage and facetime had signed out and now they both say waiting for activation and i can no longer use my number for either imessage or facetime. i can only use my Apple ID. does anyone have any insight as to what happened or if there is a solution for this? ive tried restarting the phone several times as well as taking the SIM card in an out and other things. why doesnt verizon have affordable international options for active duty military??? t-mobile has way better plans that are actually reasonable.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: imessage help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do want to  thank you for serving our country. I know you want to keep in touch with your friends and family. I do know iMessage and Facetime are Apple options. Are you connected to WiFi? Have you tried to restart it again? Please tell me more. 

-Amber

0 Likes
janezzzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

yea im connected to wifi and i’ve tried restarting several times. when i click my number for imessage and facetime it’s stuck on “waiting for activation”

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks very much for those additional details, janeezy! To confirm, is your service active with us right now? 

-Jordan

0 Likes
janezzzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

my account is suspended right now due to me being overseas. but either way my number was still working with imessage when i was connected to wifi so idk what the problem with imessage is now. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry to learn about any issues with your service while overseas! I'm here to help you in any way I can. In addition to this message, I will also send a Private Note. 

-Jordan

0 Likes