phone showing LTE instead of 5G
branden20
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to the Verizon coverage map, I live in an area that has nationwide 5g. However on my 12 pro max it shows LTE. Is there some setting or something I need to do to get on the 5G?

Labels (1)
Re: phone showing LTE instead of 5G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question. We'd like to make sure you have a SIM card that includes 4G and 5G and check into some other things. We want you to get the 5G your phone deserves. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please Private Message us for assistance.

0 Likes
sheann775

i have same thing on our i phone 12 pro max why

0 Likes
ArvinI
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem on my new iphone13pro i only get LTE instead of 5Gwhen i am in the middle of the city of los angeles and vicinity

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Arvini,

We want to make sure you always get the best signal available. I know that's a bit deal. We're glad to look into this. Do you get 5G in any other areas? How is service working over the LTE?

-Andrew

0 Likes
gbmaninuk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have never seen anything but lte on my Iphone.  no matter where I go.   It is frustrating that you pay for 3g 4g or 5g but only get lte.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gbmaninuk, 

We do our best to provide the best coverage possible. We want to take a look. Are you using the iPhone 12 as well? Please check you Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data options. Can you tell me what you see?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Hrballe105

I just got with Verizon and at first it showed 5G now for the past week it’s only been LTE and everything is slow. I also have an IPhone 12 Pro max

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hrballe105, we want you to get great service with us. W are here to help you. What city and state are you located at? 

-Steven

0 Likes
Navssaini
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have same issue on s23 Ultra

Tags (1)
0 Likes