to upgrade, I have to pay off the device and then lose all my trade in credits
NotSoHappyCustomr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had service for over ten years and one day I went into a store in AZ and purchased 2 "new" iPhone 12s at full new price only to find out they had manufacturer reset dates on them.  I switched to T-mobile and they sold me two new phones which I confirmed with Apple wouldn't have and didn't have manufacturer reset dates on them.  So, I came back February this year hoping to have a better experience and I literally spent like 9 hours today trying to buy a new phone to replace one that was stolen from me.  Find out to upgrade, I have to pay off the device and then lose all my trade in credits from my previous trade in 4 MONTH AGO! So, they literally got my iPhone 12 from me for $120.  I am starting to see why they are so keen on taking your used phones now.  They have tested the market and people haven't g=figured it out yet apparently. What is even more concerning is that I purchased an Iphone SE straight from APPLE last week and it has the same manufacturer reset date at the one I just got form Verizon and both phone were in original packaging and sealed is if brand new. I am so p^^^^sed right now at Verizon after all I have been through with the last 4 years of service with them both before and after I came back. I wouldn't doubt at this point that they are the reason for my cyber security issues.  Did China hack us now through our iPhones? How could two phones purchased from two separate companies have the same reset date on them? If you go under your cellular data on settings and scroll all the way to the bottom, it will show you a date and time if the phone has ever been factory reset.  New phones don't have factory reset dates on them, if Verizon and Apple are going to lie us they can at least change the technology so we don't know the phone has been manufacturer reset before selling them back to us as new at full price.  I am so angry with this service right now I don't feel valued as a customer, I feel taken advantage of with how much money I have had to pay them in the short 4 months I have had service. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon sold me a refurbished phone as new
NotSoHappyCustomr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, the two stores were in AZ and MN and they were both corporate stores. I don't shop at Verizon third party stores because I don't want any issues like this.  SO, going to a corporate store doesn't make any difference

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustration. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Keep in mind, here at Verizon we do not make the devices. We receive them from the manufacturer(Apple) and supply it to our customers. We do not open them or use them prior to selling them to our customers. This would be a Apple issue. 

-Rodney

0 Likes
NotSoHappyCustomr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good news is that there is a 14 day return policy, so, now all I have to do is get a new phone, login and see if there is a reset date under the cellular data and then if there is, just keep returning it until I get a new phone. NEW PHONES DO NOT HAVE MANUFACTURER RESET DATES ON THEM AND APPLE CONFIRMED THIS. 

0 Likes