very poor Verizon customer service
brehonh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with Verizon wireless since 2009 and you would think that that would mean something to Verizon. But it doesn’t. In October 2021, I went to retrieve an older backup from my MacBook Air (there was a backup on there from my previous phone iPhonex ) ; I wanted to apply that backup to my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Well , when i did, it made everything with my iPhone 12 Pro Max device go crazy. And it was all network issues. The phone started running very slow (remember this is supposed to be a 5G device ); the apps wouldn’t open properly , none of my passwords were working , couldn’t connect to Wi-Fi, I mean you name it , there was an issue. I contacted Verizon through the chat feature (which I really dislike doing because they’re just there to not really solve your problem but just spew out premade generalized answers ) ; and we did all of these troubleshooting things and when it was all said and done, the phone was still not working right. Then maybe about a week later , contacted Verizon again , and we did more troubleshooting tasks. The network had somewhat improved on my phone but there was still a lot that needed improvement. They then told me that I needed to go to a physical Verizon store and see a technician AND said that they would switch my plan to the Get More Unlimited plan at no additional charge , meaning I would be paying the same thing as my plan from before. Also prior to this whole issue , I had been going back and forth with Verizon since June about having a First Responder discount applied because of the new job that I had gotten. I have sent Verizon at least six times the validation email from them which said “congratulations, you’re eligible “. To this day, the discount still hasn’t been applied. They’ll do little temporary 10 dollar credits here and there but why am I not eligible just like anybody else who is a first responder that gets the discount. Then every time I call about it, they say “let me transfer you to the discount validation team “. NO!! I spent 40 minutes on hold just to get to a live customer service agent. You’re not going to put me into another queue. Especially when I’ve sent the validation email to them (the one that came from them ) at least six times. 
But back to the network issue , I make an appointment , like the Verizon chat agent instructed me was the next step. I go to the physical store, and the associate tells me “no technicians work out of any of the physical stores “. I was livid !! So Verizon sends me to a   physical store knowing full well that there would be no technician there to help. The ONLY reason why I am still with Verizon is because the young man who was working in the physical store during that visit used his personal knowledge to fix the majority of the problems that I was having. I wish that I could remember his name because he was excellent. A salesperson in one of the physical stores helped me more than ANY of the chat assistants and ANY of the customer service live agents on the phone. Which brings me to two days ago. I had three main purposes when I called Verizon (and again this was a 45 min hold before getting a live person ) ; 1) someone needs to explain to me why I was lied to and told that a technician in a physical store could fix my network issues and what are you as a company going to do to correct that ? 2) to once again check on my first responder discount and 3) ascertain whether I was still on the Get More Unlimited plan and being charged at the same rate as my previous plan as I was told. I spoke to an employee named Janet ; when I brought up these three issues , all she heard was “first responder discount” , and swiftly began to transfer me to the discount validation team. Before I could even get a word in , the phone was ringing as she had transferred me to the discount validation team. I hung up at that point because I just felt so defeated. Like is this really how a loyal customer of 12 years gets treated?? There’s more to the story but I’m gonna have to come back and type the rest …

Labels (1)
Re: very poor Verizon customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly look into all 3 issues with you, as definitely want to make sure everything has been resolved, and you receive your discounts. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist. *Gert

0 Likes
brehonh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I send a private note?

0 Likes
brehonh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

issues were not resolved; I’m switching to T-Mobile. I’ve never had a company treat a customer of 15 years so horribly; when I provided proof of everything and still made out to be a liar 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sad to read that you are considering switching, brehonh1. We want to help. Please send us a Private Note. *Rebecca

0 Likes
brehonh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am with T-Mobile now and I must say it is like a breath of fresh air! They really value their customers and a lot of times, they are answering my questions before I could even reach out to them. They don’t lie like Verizon did ; my employee discount was applied immediately (instead of a six month back and forth process with Verizon to try to get my employee discount applied ). I am big on loyalty (i was with Verizon for 15 years ) ; and when a company shows you that your devotion to them doesn’t matter, I had to do what I had to do. 

0 Likes
Northernbelle

I’ve been through a lot less and I’m about to switch. Time is precious and that is a lot of energy to give a situation if the company isn’t taking you seriously. I only do month to month contracts so I can easily move on when the circumstances dictate necessity. 

My problem is straight-forward. My connection is horrible. I have the iPhone 13 Pro but it doesn’t do me much good if I have a spotty signal. And it isn’t the area; I’ve lived in the same area for years and the problem appeared a few months ago, although today I have no signal at all. I use autopay and rarely use data, so neither of those things are the issue.

I hope things have gotten better for you.

0 Likes
Northernbelle

I’m reaching out to T-Mobile today. Glad to hear things have improved for you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm certainly sorry to learn you want to remove anything, Northernbelle . We value your loyalty and wouldn't want to lose any of your business. We always want to make sure you have the options you need though and we'll be glad to help. Look for my Private Note in just a moment. .-David

0 Likes