579.99 trade in value rearing its ugly head again
johns786
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like verizon is still misleading with trade in values, as seen in these posts:

https://community.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon/Verizon-did-not-honor-trade-in-promotion-for-579-99/m-p/...

https://community.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon/579-99-trade-in-promotion-iphone-SE-1st-gen-now-14-pleas...

Except at least with my experience tonight I don't have to worry about complaining, because I couldn't even place my order....

I'll elaborate--I found a link to the 579.99 trade in credit on my upgrade sheet and so I added the offer to both my wife's and my 1st gen SE.

As others have noticed, the modal does indeed say this as an acceptable trade in offer.  I was skeptical, but it did appear to work all the way through to the cart.  I registered my current 1st gen SEs as trade ins, and got all the way to the end of my transaction, where it explained the credit would be applied over the 24 months.  Fine, all good..

The other thing I needed was a new line, for my son.  Verizon is offering a free SE 2020, so I added that.   Made all the changes to our plan for the new line, applied for the new number, and good to go.  The only thing left was to pay for the stuff due today.

But at this point, the cart could not be completed.  The "begin secure checkout" button was grayed out, and at the top, it there was an error :

"Pre/Back Order device purchase is temporarily unavailable with combo order (upgrade+AAL) and Trade-in. Remove the Trade-in device to continue."

So, I get on a chat.  The representative says, go ahead and remove the trade ins.  We can apply them later.  I'm immediately skeptical, of course, but I go ahead and do that.

Immediately,

the

entire

cart

was

emptied.

Both the 12 minis I had in there, and the SE 2020, just gone.  I'd worked on getting all this right for like an hour, and it's gone. I. am. livid.

Fine, I'll start over again, and just do the two trade ins for now.  Go back to the page, and the entire 579.99 offer is GONE.

I got back on with the chat window (that I still had open) and asked the rep what was going on, but all the rep would do was play dumb.  Basically, saying that she doesn't know any thing about any offers.  Says she can't see my page so she can't see what my cart might have looked like, just ridiculous stuff, since I know from dealing with verizon for 20 years that they can absolutely see our carts and accounts... At that point, I know it's useless to do anything else, so then I found the pages I referenced above.  Now, I can see it's pretty clear what's going on with the whole situation and that I wasn't ever getting the $580 anyway...

I guess what I'm mostly feeling is disappointment.  I don't really care what types of deals verizon may or may not have in play at any given time, but I don't think it would be too much to ask that they own up to what appears on the site. And if whatever reason it is that stuff shows up--maybe someone pushed the wrong branch to prod, whatever, just say that, or something....just don't insult our intelligence.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 579.99 trade in value rearing its ugly head again
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

@johns786 wrote:

Looks like verizon is still misleading with trade in values, as seen in these posts:

https://community.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon/Verizon-did-not-honor-trade-in-promotion-for-579-99/m-p/...

https://community.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon/579-99-trade-in-promotion-iphone-SE-1st-gen-now-14-pleas...

Except at least with my experience tonight I don't have to worry about complaining, because I couldn't even place my order....

I'll elaborate--I found a link to the 579.99 trade in credit on my upgrade sheet and so I added the offer to both my wife's and my 1st gen SE.

As others have noticed, the modal does indeed say this as an acceptable trade in offer.  I was skeptical, but it did appear to work all the way through to the cart.  I registered my current 1st gen SEs as trade ins, and got all the way to the end of my transaction, where it explained the credit would be applied over the 24 months.  Fine, all good..

The other thing I needed was a new line, for my son.  Verizon is offering a free SE 2020, so I added that.   Made all the changes to our plan for the new line, applied for the new number, and good to go.  The only thing left was to pay for the stuff due today.

But at this point, the cart could not be completed.  The "begin secure checkout" button was grayed out, and at the top, it there was an error :

"Pre/Back Order device purchase is temporarily unavailable with combo order (upgrade+AAL) and Trade-in. Remove the Trade-in device to continue."

So, I get on a chat.  The representative says, go ahead and remove the trade ins.  We can apply them later.  I'm immediately skeptical, of course, but I go ahead and do that.

Immediately,

the

entire

cart

was

emptied.

Both the 12 minis I had in there, and the SE 2020, just gone.  I'd worked on getting all this right for like an hour, and it's gone. I. am. livid.

Fine, I'll start over again, and just do the two trade ins for now.  Go back to the page, and the entire 579.99 offer is GONE.

I got back on with the chat window (that I still had open) and asked the rep what was going on, but all the rep would do was play dumb.  Basically, saying that she doesn't know any thing about any offers.  Says she can't see my page so she can't see what my cart might have looked like, just ridiculous stuff, since I know from dealing with verizon for 20 years that they can absolutely see our carts and accounts... At that point, I know it's useless to do anything else, so then I found the pages I referenced above.  Now, I can see it's pretty clear what's going on with the whole situation and that I wasn't ever getting the $580 anyway...

I guess what I'm mostly feeling is disappointment.  I don't really care what types of deals verizon may or may not have in play at any given time, but I don't think it would be too much to ask that they own up to what appears on the site. And if whatever reason it is that stuff shows up--maybe someone pushed the wrong branch to prod, whatever, just say that, or something....just don't insult our intelligence.

Accounts, yes. Carts? No. 

0 Likes
Re: 579.99 trade in value rearing its ugly head again
johns786
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Doggo wrote:

Accounts, yes. Carts? No. 

On a previous go-around with verizon a couple months back, I got so frustrated with the site that I left my cart and went to bed.  The next day I was called back by a rep wondering if I was having problems completing my order.

Of course, that cart didn't have any special offers attached, so they left it alone instead of deleting it.  They can absolutely see into your carts.

0 Likes