A new Verizon iPhone can't receive text messages from an Android phone on another carrier
JJZ2

We just switched one of our phone lines to Verizon because a family member wanted an iPhone, which our carrier doesn't support. The phone is activated (as of about 8 hours ago). My non-Verizon Android can receive texts from the Verizon iPhone, but the Verizon iPhone can't receive texts from my non-Verizon Android. Doesn't matter if it's on wifi or LTE. The iPhone is set to use SMS/MMS if iMessage is not available. I've opened a ticket with my carrier in case it's a problem with my phone, though I've been able to send texts to another Verizon iPhone for years with no trouble, which leads me to think it's a problem with the new iPhone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: A new Verizon iPhone can't receive text messages from an Android phone on another carrier
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your messages are always working correctly JJZ2, we'll be glad to look into this issue. What is the current software on the iPhone? Is it having issues with any other services?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes