Can vrzpix emails be deactivated or deleted?
Eterriquez
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past few months I’ve been getting spam email text messages. All random spam but sent to a bulk 20 phone numbers similar to mine. I’ve blocked the senders contact but it’s always different. I don’t want my phone number attached to a Verizon email. How can I delete this email so I stop this spam permanently. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can vrzpix emails be deactivated or deleted?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can add a free block setting which will block all text messages sent from the web or email addresses. Read the link below for more information. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-16774/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Eterriquez. We completely understand how frustrating it can be to receive unwanted text messages. I have received my fair share as well. We do recommend forwarding any Spam Text messages that you received to our Spam Text Message investigation short code which is 7726 so that we can put an end to these text messages. To further clarify, can you please describe what is occurring that provides a conclusion that these text messages are attached to a Verizon email? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Can vzwpix.com emails be deactivated or deleted?
Eterriquez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have started forwarding to spam today. I also went into the Blocks page and blocked receiving text messages from email addresses yesterday but still got one today so I'm not sure if this needs time to kick in or if that wasn't the solution I hoped for. 

The issue I'm having is I'm receiving text messages pretty frequently sometimes multiples in a day from random emails. They are all spam messages 100%. Each message is sent to a group of 20 people. All have similar numbers to mine where the area code and first three digits are the same and only the last 4 differ. All the numbers except the sender have "@vzwpix.com" after the number.

I don't want anyone to be able to contact me by this phone number generated email, I have my own email that friends and family have access to already. I don't see any way to opt out of using my phone number as an email address to this vzwpix either. I'm trying to find a way to essentially block anything going to my [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] as I don't wish to receive messages that way.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can add a free block setting which will block all text messages sent from the web or email addresses. Read the link below for more information. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-16774/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Eterriquez
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I did this yesterday but received a new text today. I'm not sure if the messages are getting around the block or it requires a specific time period to take effect.

Re: Can vzwpix.com emails be deactivated or deleted?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eterriquez, thank you so much for those details. I'm glad that you've taken the proper steps to put a stop to these unwanted text messages. We would suggest continuing to forward these messages to our Spam Team. The more examples they receive the better we can get to the bottom of where these messages are coming from. KevinR_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Can you confirm if the text came from the same number that was reported? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Eterriquez
Enthusiast - Level 2

The text aren't being sent by a phone number they are being sent by an email address to a cellphone number generated email address delivered by text. I reported the email address but can't be positive that it is valid and not a spoof email address.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming that. What model of phone are you using?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Eterriquez
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is an iPhone SE

0 Likes