Charge for Unreturned Device
Jules18c
Enthusiast - Level 1

Charged for a phone that the Verizon store told me to discard. I am being charged $400 for an old old device. I went to the Verizon store because I wanted a new phone. I wanted another SE with a thumb button. They told me I could get that phone and it would be free and that they did not want my old phone so I could get rid of it. I had my old phone for many years. I received the new phone in a box with nothing else in it. I returned to the same store with both phones so they could set up my new phone as there was no information in the box. They again said that they didn’t want my old phone. I was then texted a little while later that I would be charged $500 if I didn’t return the old phone. I explained to them that I didn’t have the phone because they told me to get rid of it. I then thought it was resolved. Unfortunately I started getting a bill for an unreturned device for $399. I have been calling Verizon for the last couple of months and I’ve spoken to numerous representatives. I have been told that managers would call me back, that my situation would be escalated, and then I was even offered discounts of $100 than $150. One representative then told me to go to the store to work it out which I did. The store simply put me on the phone to Verizon who then offered me $270 discount. I turned it down because I should not of had to pay it at all. I have been arguing with Verizon repeatedly about this. I have seven phone lines with Verizon. It is such bad business because they are going to lose all of my seven lines as well as my home service for the value of $129. Verizon has fleeced us. This Verizon thievery is ridiculous and should not go on . It’s shameful how they steal from the loyal customers. They have just lost about $700 a month for me that’s for sure. Highway robbery. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charge for Unreturned Device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jules18c,

Charges you shouldn't receive are never okay. I wouldn't be okay with that either. I want to make sure we get to the bottom of this charge and find a solution for you. I've sent you a private message. Please reply to that when you can so we can fully help you. 

-Andrew

0 Likes