Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Incoming calls to me from husband's phone don't ring OR show on my iphone SE
EmK

I can call myself from my work phone, and see and hear the incoming call.  Since yesterday, when my husband calls me, I neither hear a ring NOR see any incoming call on the screen.  It seems sporadic, but more often than not.  I just rebooted my phone yesterday.

Why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incoming calls to me from husband's phone don't ring OR show on my iphone SE
bd94s10

Generally speaking this is due to sharing the same AppleID. Here is an older article but still applicable: Stop incoming iPhone calls from ringing on other iDevices - CNET

I'd suggest using separate IDs (assuming your using the same) and then setting up Family Sharing. This is what my family and I do.. we are able to download content each other buys so it serves the purpose individuals were going after years ago.. e.g. not wanting to re-purchase, media, etc. a second time. Now this isn't 100% applicable.. some games like Super Mario Run are still $9.99 per device as the app is not elg for Family Sharing.... but the majority of media is. I'm hoping this is what your dealing with.

Let us know.

0 Likes
Re: Incoming calls to me from husband's phone don't ring OR show on my iphone SE
EmK

No, we have separate Apple IDs.

0 Likes
bignickguy

This is happening to me too (with my wife).

I believe it's an issue with the Verizon 28.4 carrier settings.

The only way to fix it is to toggle Airplane mode On/Off...but that seems to only be a temporary fix on my phone.

0 Likes