Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
List one price for phone upgrade, then a different price per month at purchase
Rucker-roo

I selected one of my phone lines that I wanted to upgrade. I selected the Apple iPhone SE which showed it would be $10/month for a 128GB version. I said to continue and once it was in my cart, it showed $18.74/month. When I asked a customer representative, they said that offer was only available for a new line. I started the research as an upgrade to an existing line and nowhere on the page did it say anything about the price only available for a new line. This is very, very deceptive. I feel like Verizon is employing bait and switch tactics and I have always expected better of Verizon. The rep tried to send me to a page to see that it wasn't deceptive, when I was looking at that exact page where I started. These are shady practices.

When I finally decided to go ahead and make the purchase, I selected in-store pick up. When I selected to continue, it no longer showed in-store pick up being available. This upgrade has been a complete exercise in frustration. Now it will take 2 days to get the phone. I have been with Verizon for 20 years so far. I have always been extremely happy with their service and all encounters with staff in store. Today's interactions really put a poor image on your company and I would be hard pushed to recommend you to anyone.

0 Likes
Re: List one price for phone upgrade, then a different price per month at purchase
Tigerstep

I don't see why a rep was even needed. Found the promo in about 15 seconds and it states it's for upgrades and the discount applies when you enter a promo code.

"Applies to the mobile number specified via e-mail. $399.99 device payment purchase required. Less $159.99 promo credit applied over 24 mos.; promo credit ends if eligibility requirements are no longer met; 0% APR. Offer nor transferable and cannot be combined with other offers. To redeem promo on eligible device, enter promo code UPGRADE at checkout and discount will apply within cart. Upgrades only."

0 Likes