Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New iphone
bluecurl3

Got new iphone SE. Did the transfer process, and it was successful, except when I tried to make a call. When I attempted a call a message comes on starting with "You are roaming.....bla bla bla. What do I need to do to activate the ability to simply make a call.

0 Likes
Re: New iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bluecurl3, we definitely want to make sure that you're able to make a call on your new iPhone SE, and we'd love to help. Please tell us, are texts and data services working? Are you able to receive a call? To confirm, is your old phone powered off?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
bluecurl3

After the transfer I turned my old phone off. I can see that newer texts since I did the transfer have not come through. After the original process, I discovered I could not make a call without that message, so I had to go back to my old cell phone in order to receive texts and make calls. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bluecurl3, this is actually an easy fix. Please power off both phones and then only restart the new one. Leave the old one off for a moment until the new one fully activates. Let us know if this helps. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes