Rebate Runaround
Cvitz3
Enthusiast - Level 2

After being approved by store employee, a dozen representatives, 5 supervisors, the rebate center. Verizon then decided to not issue my rebate due yo my phone not “being qualified “ by $100. As stated it was advertised as if I switched and bought that phone I would receive the $250. I have been trying to have this corrected for 2 years now. Recording both phone calls with representatives and supervisors who have indeed approved or overturned the ineligible claims. Screenshots of all conversations have been made. It had been approved and overturned twice in the last month alone. It has now come to the point where they see my number and put me on hold for 40 minutes to reach a representative and stated that if Id like a supervisor it could take anywhere from 5minutes to 6 hours. This is fraudulent advertising at the least and lack of keeping their word countless times. I would not recommend this company to absolutely anyone. The service is subpar and overpriced..ive had better service with metro pcs and far better customer service. Corporate Greed is the best definition of this company, bring your business elsewhere.

Labels (1)
Re: Rebate Runaround
IJK1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off a chat with a similar result, though I have only been doing this for 4 months and all the other times they assured me they were fixing it.  In my case I did this online, I saved the chat transcripts, so I have the evidence that this was the deal.  

You can also file complaints with the FTC, your state Attorney General (fraud), and the BBB.

I suspect it is not the fault of the people you are talking to but the systems they have access to use.  I feel badly for them, but there is nothing they can do. 

Anyone else experiencing Verizon offering you a deal, then changing the terms or not processing your deal correctly?

Unfortunate, because overall, I don't have a problem with their service aside from a few dropped calls, they have just become too big to effectively manage problems.

Cvitz3
Enthusiast - Level 2

After waiting over an hr on hold for a supervisor this morning i was hung up on. They changed your response?  Why am I Not suprised..i will be filing complaints with the state and BBB over my issues with them as I also documented the entire experience from day one after reading many other similar experiences. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Cvitz3,

We definitely want to ensure you receive any rebate that you qualify for. We are here to help. To make sure we are on the same page, this rebate is from 2 years ago? What was the original date of purchase? What exactly was this rebate for?

-Christopher

0 Likes
Cvitz3
Enthusiast - Level 2

December 10th 2020. I purchased an IPhone SE and switched over from a previous provider for the sole purpose of receiving the $250 rebate on a gift card as advertised by the store employee then approved by not one but about 6-12 representatives 5 supervisors and your rebate center. Twice last month alone I was told it was approved and I would receive it in 1-3 business days..that came and went like the last few times I was promised something from your company that they failed to follow through on. The company wants to parrot the response of my phone did not qualify but as stated I purchased it for that exact reason and qualified initially and did not just pull thisidea out of my imagination..I see it is a common occurrence that Verizon likes to pull on new customers. This week I was told a supervisor would contact me within an hour..nothing. I called back again Two days ago I waited on hold for a supervisor for 1 1/2 hrs then was hung up on. The runaround for two years now So i have documented everything so I can at least share my experience with the public.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate these extra details, Cvitz3. Do you have the rebate tracking number?

-Christopher

0 Likes
Cvitz3
Enthusiast - Level 2

“Extra details” Are exactly what my experience has been. My tracking number for the rebate which was to be sent by “Febuary 9th 2021” is 945871694

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Cvitz3. We want to make sure you get the assistance you need to resolve this rebate issue. We have sent you a Private Note to get started. 

*Cassie

0 Likes