Recents -- outgoing call to Russia...but it wasn't me
OffGrid9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Checking my "Recents" this morning, I found a 22-second outgoing call to a number in Russia at 10:23 yesterday morning.  I did NOT make that call.  How is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recents -- outgoing call to Russia...but it wasn't me
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@OffGrid9 wrote:

Checking my "Recents" this morning, I found a 22-second outgoing call to a number in Russia at 10:23 yesterday morning.  I did NOT make that call.  How is this possible?

How did you determine the destination?  Was the number dialed actually 011 7 xxxxxx?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, OffGrid9. It concerns us to hear of the call to Russia shown on your recent call history which was not made from your part. We want to make sure any issues are addressed, and we will help. We have some questions to better assist. Do you remember if you were doing anything with your phone during the time the call shows as made? Is there anyone else who has access to your phone?   DavidR_VZW

OffGrid9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I can't answer your question.  I didn't do much "due diligence" -- I was startled when I saw the call in my Recent calls list.  I should have kept it, but later, without thinking, I deleted all recent calls up through 30 July.  The reason I thought it was to Russia was that it was identified as a call to a city in Russia...I can't recall which city, but I'm pretty certain it said Russia.  

0 Likes
OffGrid9
Enthusiast - Level 2

To DavidR

Sorry, it's been too long, and my "Swiss cheese memory" has too many holes in it.  I don't even recall the day the call appeared...late July, was it?  I have a habit of deleting all recent calls every so often, and I did that on July 31 (the earliest call still in my recents is dated July 31).  I have no idea what I was doing that day.  I may have placed an outgoing call, but certainly not to Russia.  If you check my records, you should be able to see it.  If you can't see that call...maybe my mind has completely jumped the groove, and it was a bad dream?

Sorry I can't be of more help.  Jim Farwell

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@OffGrid9 wrote:

To DavidR

Sorry, it's been too long, and my "Swiss cheese memory" has too many holes in it.  I don't even recall the day the call appeared...late July, was it?  I have a habit of deleting all recent calls every so often, and I did that on July 31 (the earliest call still in my recents is dated July 31).  I have no idea what I was doing that day.  I may have placed an outgoing call, but certainly not to Russia.  If you check my records, you should be able to see it.  If you can't see that call...maybe my mind has completely jumped the groove, and it was a bad dream?

Sorry I can't be of more help.  Jim Farwell

Can't you log in to your account and look at your calls there, in Bill History PDF's, to find the call and number?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OffGrid9, I am sending you a Private Note.

0 Likes