Text about "device protection"
lovedm

Says my request for device protection is complete - call a number w. questions or click on a vzw link... What?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text about "device protection"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! Device Protection is a great way to ensure your devices are protected in the event they're lost/stolen or damaged. We're currently in open enrollment where you can add the feature as long as your device is currently in good working condition free of liquid/physical damage. This feature can be added via My Verizon here: m.vzw.com/AddInsSocial or via an agent. We're more than willing to look further into your concerns. Just to clarify, has the account owner or an account managers requested to add device protection? 

-Kia

0 Likes
lovedm

Hi I'm not sure if you're a human or a robot but your statement did not answer my question at all since my question was why I got an unsolicited confirmation of something I had not done.

0 Likes
lovedm

No. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@lovedm wrote:

Says my request for device protection is complete - call a number w. questions or click on a vzw link... What?

You can check the domain of any URL in the text to see if it is a Verizon owned domain using the following link.  It's always good to check the domains before clicking them.

https://www.whois.com/whois/

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lovedm, if this message was received at a time that you have not made any changnes to your account, the first thing we would suggest is to check your account features to see if this Device Protection is indeed in place. If this is in place and is not something you wish to have, you are able to remove the feature right from your Add Ons through My Verizon. -Loren

0 Likes