Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texting online
BookGirlNJ
Member

Can I text online and/or on my laptop?  I have an iPhone SE. I found the Message+ page here on MyVerizon.com but it sends me a text to download but there is no link. ?? Can you provide directions how to set it up, please.

0 Likes
Re: Texting online
jav6
Sr. Member

@BookGirlNJ wrote:

Can I text online and/or on my laptop?  I have an iPhone SE. I found the Message+ page here on MyVerizon.com but it sends me a text to download but there is no link. ?? Can you provide directions how to set it up, please.


You can text online using the web site, logging in to your account and selecting the dropdown option to 'Text Online' or by going directly to https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do

What OS do you have on your laptop?  Win10 systems have had the desktop app removed from the app store due to sync'ing issues and Verizon claiming 'Message+ is incompatible with Windows 10'.  You can get a working Message+  desktop app for Windows 10 here

  https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0 

There are several recent threads regarding the latest Message+ updates not working with latest MAC OS  10.13.6.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Re: Texting online
BookGirlNJ
Member

I think there must be a conflict between the online or app with iPhone. I sent a test message to a friend (who also has iPhone), she got my text but couldn't answer, and our exchange did not show on my iPhone's messages with her. Just now she texted me separately and it's on my phone but not on Message+. So looks like there's a disconnect. Oh well, it was worth a try. That's OK, thanks for trying to help, I do appreciate it anyway.

0 Likes
Re: Texting online
jav6
Sr. Member

@BookGirlNJ wrote:

I think there must be a conflict between the online or app with iPhone. I sent a test message to a friend (who also has iPhone), she got my text but couldn't answer, and our exchange did not show on my iPhone's messages with her. Just now she texted me separately and it's on my phone but not on Message+. So looks like there's a disconnect. Oh well, it was worth a try. That's OK, thanks for trying to help, I do appreciate it anyway.


Yes, there have been numerous issues with Verizon Message+ sync'ing messages with other devices.  Does your friend with an iPhone use Message+ or the iPhone iMessages app?  Do you have Integrated Messaging activated on your account?  If not, that might have something to do with it.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Re: Texting online
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure you know all your texting options.  As Jav6 stated, your messaging issue with your friend could definitely be related to your friend’s iPhone settings.  Are you having this issue with other devices (iPhone and/or non-iPhones) as well?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Texting online
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

May I ask are you using Windows 10? If so, try downloading the Verizon Messages desktop app: http://spr.ly/660010VnY. Please keep us posted.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Texting online
jav6
Sr. Member

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

May I ask are you using Windows 10? If so, try downloading the Verizon Messages desktop app: http://spr.ly/660010VnY. Please keep us posted.

TracyB_VZW


@vzw_customer_support , @tracyb_vzw   You posted this same response on another thread. HAVE YOU VERIFIED THAT THERE IS A WINDOWS 10 MESSAGE+ DESKTOP APP ON THE WINDOWS STORE????!????

Obviously, NOT!

Windows Store Message+.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes