Unable to recieve nor send SMS texting after new iPhone activation
KEVBRO78

Hello.  I recieved a replacement iPhone SE in the mail.  I transferred SIM card from previous iPhone SE and activated new phone from a saved backup.  SMS texting doesn't seem to be working though iMessage seems to be working fine.  I'm able to recieve phone calls.  I've tried toggling SMS on/off and resetting networking settings.  I've attempted to contract several non-iPhone users via SMS and it has failed each time.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to recieve nor send SMS texting after new iPhone activation
katim_vzw
Verizon Employee

KEVBRO78,

Being able to message is essential. What happens when you attempt to use your device with WiFi set to off? What happens when you attempt to text your own number?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEVBRO78

Hello KatiM_VZW,

Sure. I've just disabled wi-fi and sent a text to my own number. The

message did go through. I did also make another attempt to reach a non iOS

user and the message didn't process with a "Not Delivered" error message.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 10:51 AM, katim_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KEVBRO78,

Making sure all of your texts work is a big deal. We want to make sure you can stay in touch without issue. How many lines have you tried sending an SMS to? Are you able to receive SMS from these users?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEVBRO78

Hello AndrewT_VZW,

I've tried several lines with attempting to send SMS messages. None have

gone through. I'm unable to send nor receive SMS messages. The only

messages that come through are iMessage.

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 11:12 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

KEVBRO78, let's work together to get this fixed. I want to make sure that all your messages are sent and received. Are you sending these messages via a third party app?  Are you having any issues using data or making calls?

Keep us posted.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes