Why do Incoming Phone Calls Randomly Stop?
bignickguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an unlocked iPhone SE (iOS 10.3.2) and I'm on the latest carrier update (Verizon 28.4) but for some reason my phone randomly stops receiving incoming calls.

I can make calls, search the web, send and receive iMessages and Text messages...but incoming calls WILL NOT work.

I'm concerned because my wife is 39 weeks pregnant and I'm not getting reliable service for incoming calls. After I toggle Airplane Mode On/Off or Restart the iPhone I can receive calls again...but I have no idea when it stops working.

I have the Verizon LTE logo in the top left with at least 3 bars...but when I call myself from another phone (when it's not working) I get 2-3 rings and then it sends it to my voicemail. I eventually receive the voicemail notification which is when I realize I'm not receiving incoming calls.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Incoming Phone Calls Randomly Stop...
bignickguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to fix it by getting a new SIM card at Verizon.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bignickguy,

We understand how essential it is to have a working device. We want to make sure we are able to review all options with you. Can you please clarify when this started to happen? Also, do you notice your device is not receiving incoming calls when your in a particular area (indoors/outdoors)? 

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bignickguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started happening a few weeks ago...it happens in the entire Tampa Bay area (indoors and outdoors).

I do have Wifi Calling Enabled and I believe when I leave my house (with Wifi calling enabled) and it goes back to the LTE network is when the issue is arising.

I've reset the Network settings and have tried everything...I believe it's the 28.4 carrier settings but I just switched over to Verizon 2 months ago so I'm still not entirely sure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving your calls is imperative, bignickguy. You've provided some great details, and we want to continue to work on this with you. When you are not connected to wifi, do all the other services still work on your phone, texts, data, iMessages, etc.? Are any other Verizon Wireless customers having this issue, that you know of?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bignickguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to fix it by getting a new SIM card at Verizon.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're so glad to hear all has been resolved with a new sim card, bignickguy. Please feel free to reach out to us for any future assist, http://spr.ly/65878qU2R.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes