Re: iphone se signal strength issues
brittanykyanne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue, 5s worked perfectly, SE has signal issues. Took mine back to the local Apple Store, they gave me another brand new SE & it is no better. I'm typing this comment on my iPad with Verizon service because Tess what? My SE doesnt have a signal. Had it for 3 months and would rather have an older reliable phone than the latest and not so greatest.

0 Likes
THOPAP17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues with my SE. I have updated it, reset the phone, changed sim cards, got a new SE phone and I still have the same problem with people can't hear me clearly. Like every few words is not there. I can hear them. I tried not on wi-fi and still have problems. My DH has iPhone 6 and he is not having any problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THOPAP17, we want to ensure you stay connected. Was the device functioning at first and then this gradually began happening? Also, is all software up to date? KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

KleoL....the member has stated that phone is updated and was even replaced. Two different SE phones experiencing the exact same problem. A different model from the same manufacturer is not experiencing the aforementioned problem.

0 Likes
LESBER53

I am having the same issue with two SEs in the household. They where purchased to replace a 5c and a 5s both prior phones had great reception. The SEs are really bad- what is my best option to have  a phone that works?

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try taking the phones to a local Apple store and have someone at the Genius Bar them "the once over".

0 Likes
THOPAP17
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I have been dealing with this since early August. I have reset my SE, changed SIM cards, got a new SE, and still had problems. I spoke with tech support and was at my last straw. They sent out a network extender and after setting this up I now have clear calls. One tip, it is a 3G extender. I was told that Verizon switched to HD voice this spring; SE doesn't work with HD, so the problems occurred; people couldn't hear me, dropped calls,etc. I set up the 3G extender, changed my setting in cellular to data only and no more problems. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
AURORAFARM

I recently purchased a iPhone SE from Best Buy and it continually drops calls in my home, signal strength is one bar or worse and I live in Los Angeles so it's not like I'm in a bad coverage area, also I never had this issue with my old 4s iphone

it seems this is a design flaw in Apple's SE iphone - I spoke to a Verizon tech guy and he suggested i just return it - which kinda sucks because I don't want a larger iPhone, do you live in a remote area to get the 3G extender ? because the tech guy I spoke to says being in LA I don't qualify for one

0 Likes
ZINGARO1

My father has had problems with his SE and calls cutting out.  He was sent a replacement - refurbished model.  Same problem.  He was sent another replacement - also refurbished (and shipped to ME and not to THEM, so I had to reship it!).  Took it to the Verizon store yesterday for help setting it up.  The Verizon person peeled off the protective cover and noticed the screen had bubbled up in the corner.  He point that out to my parents.  He then turned the phone on and it started vibrating and would not stop.  Phone had not even been set up yet!

They've been dealing with tech support for MONTHS.  They were sent a 6s as replacement, even though this would be an upgrade from another line on the account.  I talked to someone at Verizon via chat and via phone at length.  They told me what to tell them.  This was about 2 weeks ago.  So they did what they were instructed by me/Verizon.  They went in the store and were told they couldn't do what the Verizon rep told me.  They put my mom on the phone with customer service.  The Verizon rep on the phone told them they would need to be sent out a 3rd SE phone, and if THAT didn't work, they would be able to get a different model.

The 3rd phone (from my first paragraph) is defective.  Now I'm reading all these issues with the SE yet Verizon told them there are no known issues with it!  My mom is at the end of her rope.  She is 74 and dad is 83, and unfortunately I am 3-4 hours away from them, and they are 2-1/2 hours away from an Apple Store.  They recently have been dealing with someone who claims to be in management, but they are being told they have to be sent out yet ANOTHER SE.  I wish someone in authority would contact me about this.  It needs to be resolved.  We have 4 phones and 3 tablets on this account.  I've been with Verizon for 21 years and never had any issues remotely close to this in all that time.  PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your loyal service, ZINGARO1. We certainly want to be sure that your father has a working device. I have sent a private message so I may further assist you. I look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes