Asurion Replacement Phone Locked
ondrakoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an Asurion replacement phone two months ago. Since then, because of a bonus I received, I was able to upgrade to the iPhone 12 Pro. I gifted my iPhone X, which was recently replaced, to a family member abroad, but when trying to activate, it is not finding a local carrier. Does this mean the phone is locked? Or is there something else going on. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Asurion Replacement Phone Locked
ondrakoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am hoping that it is just that she was using an old SIM card. She would be using Tigo or Movistar in Colombia. I did contact Verizon support and verified that the phone is unlocked. We shall see......thank you for your assistance. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, ondrakoc. Congratulations on your new iPhone 12 Pro! We're sorry to hear about the troubles that your family member has been experiencing with getting their iPhone X activated with their carrier. We certainly want to help with this in every way that we can. Our devices do unlock automatically after they have been activated on our network in the United States for at least 60 days or more. Below is a link you can click on to view our device unlocking policies on our website for more details. Can you please describe what is happening that tells you that the iPhone X is not finding their local carrier when it is attempted to be activated? http://spr.ly/6609HzTYz BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
ondrakoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I probably only had the replacement for a couple of weeks before my new phone arrived. Will I have to have my family member send me the phone back, then I would downgrade and use the phone for 6 more weeks, or will the lock just come off after 60days?

0 Likes
ondrakoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

When she is turning the phone on with her SIM card, it is only giving her a list of U.S. Based Carriers. Not her local carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The replacement process for your device should not limit the ability to use the device with another carrier. To clarify, when a device is used outside of the United States it would depend on the network that the device is being used on. What carrier is being used for this device outside of the United States? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand and want to make sure the device is compatible with her area. Did she use another sim card in the device for activation?

0 Likes
ondrakoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am hoping that it is just that she was using an old SIM card. She would be using Tigo or Movistar in Colombia. I did contact Verizon support and verified that the phone is unlocked. We shall see......thank you for your assistance. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are most welcome. We will continue to standby for any additional concerns. 

0 Likes