BOGO SCAM? Fight hard for the deal you signed on for.....
sox2019

I bought a Xr in December 2019, and added my son to the plan.  First bill came, and we were both billed.  I called and was told--it will take 2-3 billing cycles, and then it will "fix itself."  No worries.  2nd bill came with same story.  I called and explained that I had seen posts about this being a scam.  Was told--this is not a scam, but let me check into this.... and whether or not you qualify.  What?  I was told then--this was a deal for the Xs and not the Xr.  I (angrily) stated that this was Verizon's mistake, not mine--I was told when I signed up that I was getting this deal!  So she said--let me check and see what I can do.  15 minutes later, she returned and said that she had taken care of it.  We would be reimbursed for the already paid amount, and in the future, we'd get one phone for free ....."as per our agreement."  I don't know what made me ask, but I said:  "OK, so just to be clear, one phone we have to pay for each month over 24 months, and the other phone is free?"  And she said, "yes--as per your agreement."  So I said--wait, why do you keep saying that.  And she said that the agreement was clear that one phone was free "up to $600" and that the remaining $160 was still owed, as the total phone price was $760.  I said:  that's not a BOGO then.  I was never told that!!!!!  And she said that was the best she could do.  So I asked if I coudl speak to a supervisor, or alternatively I'd leave verizon.  And, then......I was told--"OK, I can credit the $160 to your account too."  I think, perhaps, after my 30 minute plus call with Verison today, that I got my BOGO deal that I had been told about when I signed on.  But it was a very drawn out fight for it.

BE CAREFUL ALL/FIGHT FOR YOUR BOGO....sharing for all to see. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BOGO SCAM? Fight hard for the deal you signed on for.....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sox2019, we are glad to hear that you have been able to resolve the concerns with your purchase. When making a purchase for one of the Buy One Get One Offers, you will see a link to View Details. This link will provide specifics on any limits, such as the total value of the "Get" device. Was there anything additional we may assist with?

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!  LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: BOGO SCAM? Fight hard for the deal you signed on for.....
sox2019

So it's really a "Buy one, get one for $160" deal, and not a BOGO deal, if you read the fine print.  No one explained this.  That's false and misleading.  My situation is resolved, but frankly I think everyone's "situation" with BOGO should be similarly resolved.  The phone deal is BOGO and that is what Verizon should honor.  --Please do the right thing, and stand by your advertised deal.  And don't hide in the fine print.  

0 Likes