Beyond Unlimted Hotspot
elikruj

I have the Verizon beyond unlimited plan and due to living in an area with no major ISP’s (including Verizon fios) I rely solely on my hotspot from my phone. The data speeds are great for 15gb, and once that limit is reached, it’s supposed to be up to 600kbps and over the three years I’ve had to do this, I’ve learned to live with it. However, the post-15gb speeds have been extremely slow, I’m talking <50 kbps slow. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck with internet speeds from decades ago until my plan resets?

edit: I’m not interested in purchasing 5gb of more data for $35, I’m just trying to see if having <50 kbps is something I can change

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Beyond Unlimted Hotspot
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

I wouldn't think that's something you can change. It's "up to 600kbps" so you may be stuck with either finding some way to suppliment the 4G speeds or dealing with it. The Above Unlmited plan is only $10 more though and you get an extra 5GB of 4G LTE hotspot. 

0 Likes
Re: Beyond Unlimted Hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elikruj, we understand how important it is to be able to stay connected. We want to make sure you're set up for success in every way possible. Bbrdtylr presented some excellent points, we appreciate your assistance. Moving one step up to the Above Unlimited plan would give you more Hotspot usage and an additional 53GB of LTE data per month for your cellular data usage. Is this something you would be interested in pursuing? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/compare-unlimited/ 

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes