Call can't be completed because of restrictions, Error 24
Debbie771

I get this error whenever I place a call to any number, except when I call my wife who is on the same cell plan.  People also get the message when they call me.

I just got off a long lengthy call with Verizon service and they had me jump through a bunch of hoops, update the operating system on the iphone and said I should be good to go when update complete.  They will call back later to check in.

This did not work and my phone still does not work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call can't be completed because of restrictions, Error 24
Debbie771

Phone was on child restrictions! Unbeknownst to us!!

2 weeks ago we chatted with Verizon to inquire why our bill was so high.  The changes that did to save us some $$ just went into effect a couple of days ago and they included my husbands phone being set with child restrictions -- which was nothing we asked for or reqiuested.  Apparently this sets the phone to only call and text a set of 20 numbers.  If the number isn't in the list, then the error is "Call can't be completed because of restrictions. Error 24". An hour with Verizon this morning and the tech had no idea this was the problem.

When tech didn't return call to see if system upgraded fixed the non-working phone issue from this morning's call, we called back and got a new CS rep.  This guy new what the error was immediately and fixed it for us.  By the way, no where in the Verizon system could we locate this error or any settings for restrictions, which I thought I might troubleshoot on my own.  Who knows what the 20 approved numbers were, or how to set them up.  Mine apparently was one of the approved ones.  so if you get this error, be sure to inquire about child settings on the line, as the tech must have chosen a childs plan 2 weeks ago when we call to make adjustments, and not informed us.

0 Likes
Re: Call can't be completed because of restrictions, Error 24
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Debbie771, we know the importance of ensuring your calls are completed successfully. Our sincere apologies for this entire experience. We're very glad to learn that we were able to ultimately discover the root cause of the issue, and we appreciate your time in providing us with the resolution provided and feedback on your customer service experience. Feedback such as yours helps us to understand what training is needed and where we need to make improvements. Please be sure to let us know if you have additional concerns. 

Thank you, 

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes