Call filter
Shaffer_d

I've been using Call Filter with success previously on an iPhone 7 and now an XS. Is there an "add to whitelist" option? If not, it would be a useful feature for numbers that you know are safe yet they are not contacts the you would necessarily ever call.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call filter
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shaffer_d,

I am glad to hear that you have had success with Call Filter in the past, and I want to see that continue. For these types of numbers you are referencing, are they numbers you are able to add to contacts, or perhaps have labeled as "not spam"? We do not want to see you missing calls that should not be filtered out.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
Shaffer_d

Whitelist and labeling "not spam", either would suffice. Is there currently a way to label them "not spam"? If so, how?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe you have to receive a call from the numbers to be able to 'whitelist' or mark them as 'not spam'.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shaffer_d, from your phone, you can go to Settings> Phone> Blocked Contacts> and remove the number you wish to allow you to call your number. 

Please let me know if that helps. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
AJinNJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

The OP was where is the whitelist?  I'm looking for that as well.  It seems the app allows us to add numbers to a blacklist ("blocklist"), but no way to take numbers that were incorrectly blocked and add them to a whitelist. 

For example, my student's university was blocked by the "Potential Spam" filter - which is typically great, but has some exceptions (like any app).  But the key to an effective filter is to be able to explicitly add numbers to the filter for block, and numbers to pass.  It seems like this filter is only halfway done?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your Call Filter concern figured out.  Please clarify, are you attempting to remove a number that was previously add? AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
AJinNJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, the call was automatically blocked by setting the "Auto-block" to Medium level.  This call was from my student's school and thus I would like to ensure it reaches my phone next time.

katb65536
Enthusiast - Level 1

+1  - I would like to see a whitelist feature in the call filter as well.  I receive calls from time to time that are incorrectly marked Spam, such as from the office of my US Representative.  This needs to be a feature in the basic call filter service.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your feedback katb65536. We will lift this up, we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes