Re: Call filter
BaxterTheKat

I had call filter+ and finally just cancelled it and removed it from my phone. It was incorrectly blocking Zoom calls. I use Zoom for work purposes and get automated calls from Zoom to join meetings. I had the settings set to "high" and with this setting I would never even get the calls. I couldn't figure out a way to whitelist these numbers. Since it's important I receive these calls I just cancelled call filter since it was incorrectly marking these calls as Spam when they were in fact NOT spam.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BaxterTheKat,

I appreciate your feedback on this and we want to make sure we're always providing the right expectations for you. I want to clear a few things up though and set the right expectations for you. We take many things into account when looking at whether a call is likely spam. Automated calls are more likely to be spam in general and while that may not be the only factor here, it would make it more likely that a call gets a higher rating. I want to be clear though that we're not saying these calls are spam. We're saying that we think there is a high likelihood it could be. There's no way without answering a call to be completely sure it is spam. That's why we only go be likelihood. There will be some good calls that get labeled as likely spam and some spam calls that are labeled as likely fine. The goal is to identify as many calls as possible as closely as we can. If that setting wasn't working for you there is an option to turn down what level things block at or even turn blocking of calls off and just see the likelihood of being spam before answering. 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
Tom1361
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will you implement a whitelist?  I only want people in my contacts to ring my phone.  The rest that are not clearly spam can go to voice mail.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Managing who is allowed to call you is an important thing, Tom1361. It is challenging to "catch" every spam call and diver it from ringing to your phone. You mentioned that you only want to accept calls from those who are in your contact list. Many devices have this option. What is the make and model of your device?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes