Caller ID
Steven2021

Why is my caller ID giving me crazy call origins like “Clearwater, AK, Canada” for a local number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller ID
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steven2021 making sure that your caller ID is providing the correct information is essential. Please tell me when did this begin? Is this affecting a specific area code? Share details. We are here to help. EvelynB_VZW

0 Likes
Angiem58701

I have been having the same problem. I get calls from California and Arizona and the caller ID always says it’s from somewhere in Canada...while it’s ringing.  Afterwards when I look at it in my recent calls then it shows the correct location. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caller ID concerns are not what we want for you. We'll be more than happy to troubleshoot. When did this start? Are the calls coming from saved contacts? What make and model device do you have? 

0 Likes
Angiem58701

This started a couple weeks ago maybe. The calls are not from saved contacts. I have an iPhone 11. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha. Thank you for that info, Angiem58701. Were any changes made to the phone such as a software update or new app? Do you utilize Call Filter, or any app/service like it?

0 Likes
Angiem58701

No changes other than regular iOS updates and I do not use any caller ID related apps

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that info. Let's continue working together. How long has this been happening? (e.g., calls to your mobile phone from California and Arizona displaying on your phone's Caller ID that the calls are from somewhere in Canada). Have you tried rebooting your phone? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes