Can I use someone else's upgrade?
TomBomb22

I'm not currently upgrade eligible but my friend who is eligible is willing to buy through his account. The question is, can my friend buy an iPhone X through his account/#, and once in hand can he simply give me the phone and I can pop in my SIM card or somewhere during that process will the iPhone be activated with his # since it was originally "sold" to him?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I use someone else's upgrade?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

So who is going to paying for the device payment installments with this scenario you are posing?

Also by moving the phone from one account to another, you are voiding the warranty and you don't qualify for insurance.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TomBomb22

I am going to pay for it outright upfront. I'm happy to do it directly through Apple or Verizon if it makes a difference. Either route I'm not doing a payment plan.

What does it have to do with a warranty? I'm not concerned about insurance.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are paying for it outright in one lump sum at the full retail price, you can purchase it on your own account and line. Your upgrade eligibility doesn't affect your ability to purchase a new phone at the full retail price in one lump sum at any time.

The switch from one account to another essentially makes the device basically a second hand device which voids the warranty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes