Can’t send group messages but can only receive them?
Wangzishua2012

Hello, 

I recently joined Verizon but just found out I cannot send group messages to mixed iPhone/Android users, nor can I send pictures through SMS/MMS. Only iMessage works without issues. I have an iPhone X. I'm thinking it's an issue caused by cellular data. Do I need to set up my iPhone's network specifically for it to work with Verizon's network?

Thank you for your help! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can’t send group messages but can only receive them?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you are having issues with group messages, and we are here to help. What happens when you try to send a message? Are you able to receive messages from all the group members?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
Wangzishua2012

Thanks for the reply. I am able to send regular SMS messages to individual receivors but can't send to multiple receivors in a group chat. And I can't send pictures via MMS to ANYONE. However I can receive SMS and MMS from both individual and group members. Note that I have already turned on the option of SMS/MMS message under SETTIING on my phone, and always have internet connection when trying to send messages. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. When was the last time you were able to send the messages? What is the make and model of your phone? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
Wangzishua2012

I have an iPhone X. I had alwasy been able to send messages until swithced to Verizon about a month ago. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to send group messages is definitely a must, and we'd love to get to the bottom of this. Please tell us, what happens when you try to send group messages? Does this impact both iMessages and regular MMS? Also, to be sure, what texting app are you using on your iPhone X?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes