Cell service always dropping.
Jrmartin

Everywhere i go my phone will be working fine then nothing will load, calls won’t work and texting does not work. I turn on airplane mode then turn it off and everything works good for a little while. I’ve toggled airplane mode, toggled cell data, turned phone off and on, reset phone, took out SIM card and put back in. Everything works but for a short period and then nothing. I use my phone for personal and work and it’s annoying when I’m trying to input data or talk with co workers and my phone does t work. People around me also have Verizon and they aren’t having any issue. Any similar issues or fixes?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell service always dropping.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jrmartin. We always want to make sure you stay connected, and we are here to help. When did this issue begin? Does it only happen in one location, or everywhere you go? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
MythShop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem. My connection to the tower drops all the time, dozens of times per hour. I have to toggle airplane mode to bring service back. It's extremely frustrating. I've been through it all on the phone with tech support, and don't even waste your time on their chat. Those agents have their hands tied behind their back with blindfolds on. They can't pass you on to anyone in tech tier 2 who can help unless you explain your entire situation to them before you repeat it all to tech. It's just so annoying. I've done the troubleshooting. I've heard every excuse in the world. I've been promised so many times that they'll fix it and nothing. Another problem is my neighbor's network extender. The guy didn't set up his black or white list and my phone wants to connect to it about 20 times an hour. Problem is when it does, there ZERO data coming in. It blocks my calls and texts, as well. I literally have to hold a piece of aluminum foil behind my phone in the direction of his house if I am doing something important, and that's if the connection to the tower isn't lost. I'm getting 20mbps down 3mbps up with 55 ping when it is working so there isn't any other way to point for whose problem it is other than Verizon. They need a complete overhaul of their company and a thorough going over of their infrastructure. Doubt they'll invest much profits into this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MythShop,

It's vital to have a reliable connection, so thanks for bringing this to our attention. I also rely on my phone to work at all times. It sounds like you've spent quite a bit of your valuable time on this which I why I'd like to take a closer look to help find a lasting solution. Please check your private messages for details. 

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
MythShop
Enthusiast - Level 1

No solution. No help. Ultimately, just a "ehh, you fix it". Useless.

Solutions offered: Go confront your sketchy neighbor during a pandemic, pay extra for home internet to help us provide you cell service you already pay us to provide, or move away.

So frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is always to provide solutions that can fit our customer's needs. Let's get this figured out. What are the cross street and city of where this issue is happening? Is this issue happening indoors at this locaion? How far do you have to travel before service imporves?

0 Likes