Chat Conversation with Verizon about Bill
SeanDP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need some advice and hoping to get it here. 

I had a long chat conversation with a Verizon rep on 2/11 about my bill which was approx $50 more than I had paid and yet, didn't change my plan.  The only thing I did, which would actually LOWER my bill was pay off one of my phones (I have 4 phones with the family) entirely, and then upgraded my son's iphone 6 to an Xr.  Was told at the time that upgrade would only cost me $2/ month more than what I was paying with a 2 year agreement.  

Agent in the store told me that since I paid off one phone, my monthly bill would decrease! Great news!

Except that when my next bill came, it was about $50 more. 

Long story short, the agent I chatted with (and have chat record of) applied an ongoing credit to my bill (saying he received permission from this superior to do so) and therefore, my bill was back to where I had thought it would be!  Good stuff!

BUT, I get my next bill and it's back up there again.  I have a reference # of the chat I had, which clearly says everything that was being done. 

I provided the Ref # to another agent who is now telling me this was an "error" and that my bill, the higher one, is correct.

Can anyone recommend a course of action to be taken before I need to make this a legal matter?  I wouldn't normally do this but since I have a family member that handles these types of matters, it's an option.  

I wanted to talk to a superior of this new agent but it went nowhere. 

Any suggestions for this?  Anyone?  Thanks for the help.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Chat Conversation with Verizon about Bill
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@SeanDP wrote:

I need some advice and hoping to get it here. 

I had a long chat conversation with a Verizon rep on 2/11 about my bill which was approx $50 more than I had paid and yet, didn't change my plan.  The only thing I did, which would actually LOWER my bill was pay off one of my phones (I have 4 phones with the family) entirely, and then upgraded my son's iphone 6 to an Xr.  Was told at the time that upgrade would only cost me $2/ month more than what I was paying with a 2 year agreement.  

Agent in the store told me that since I paid off one phone, my monthly bill would decrease! Great news!

Except that when my next bill came, it was about $50 more. 

Long story short, the agent I chatted with (and have chat record of) applied an ongoing credit to my bill (saying he received permission from this superior to do so) and therefore, my bill was back to where I had thought it would be!  Good stuff!

BUT, I get my next bill and it's back up there again.  I have a reference # of the chat I had, which clearly says everything that was being done. 

I provided the Ref # to another agent who is now telling me this was an "error" and that my bill, the higher one, is correct.

Can anyone recommend a course of action to be taken before I need to make this a legal matter?  I wouldn't normally do this but since I have a family member that handles these types of matters, it's an option.  

I wanted to talk to a superior of this new agent but it went nowhere. 

Any suggestions for this?  Anyone?  Thanks for the help.  

There is an upgrade fee of $30 plus tax. Did you add insurance or did you opt out of it? On the phone you paid off were you getting months credits on it?

0 Likes