Data Usage - Gaming
COTIT

Just advised my data for the period exceeded my plan.  In checking the details it showed 81% used for "gaming".  I don't have games on my phone.  What is considered "gaming"?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage - Gaming
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Interesting. What apps do you have on your device?

0 Likes
sd23176
sd23176

I'm having the same issue, I have no games on my phone and I'm showing a high percentage of game use.  Can someone from Verizon answer this question. 

0 Likes
sd23176
sd23176

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm having a similar issue, I have no games on my phone but my data usage is showing 21% games. 

0 Likes
Re: sd23176
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be questioning this too, sd23176. Do you use any games in apps, like Facebook? 

-Vanessa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sd23176, 

We are so sorry for the confusion. We are limited on the access we have for any data usage. It is protected as part of your privacy. Sometimes this means the category may show up as a game or games and be something different. Can you tell me what things you do use on your phone? How do you use your data on your device?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
BBuckles

I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BBuckles,

So we can best assist you, what exactly is going on? What is the make and model of your device?

-Christopher

0 Likes
RRv3r1zn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Afternoon sd23176, 

I didn't see a reply to the original thread but I'm having the exact same issue. I use my phone primarily for Maps, Facebook (no games though), Messenger, and Instagram.  I don't have any games on my iPhone so it's confusing to see that 21% of my data usage is going to "Gaming".  Any info is greatly appreciateed. Thanks! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is most likely caused by an app being categorized as a game instead of being something else. We are not able to review which app is using this data as the details of what sites are used are private. You can try to pinpoint the app by going to Settings, then Cellular, and checking the Cellular data list. This will tell you how much data is used by each app on the device.  ~Peter

0 Likes