Disney+
Hkcreager
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I have a plan through Verizon that allowed me to take advantage of the Disney+ promotion. I signed up through the link set by Verizon. I went through the whole process to where I even made an account for Disney through Verizon. The last step I was given was to download the Disney+ app and sign in to start streaming. 

I tried to sign in with the email I had and got an error saying there wasn't an account for that email. I tried again and it still didn't work. So I signed up with the same information I used when I tried to sign up with Verizon now on the Disney app.

The next day I went to the Verizon app and I to manage my ad ons. For my Disney+ it said I activated my promotion but that I still need to set up an account. When I would try to go to the link on that page to set up my account (which directed me back to the Disney+) I was taken to page saying that the this redemption code is invalid. 

This was a week ago. Now when I access my ad ons from my Verizon app and look at my Disney+ promotion it says it's active and set up for me to use. However it's still not showing on my Disney+ account that I'm partaking in the promotion from Verizon and now I'm getting actually billed for this. 
I have contacted Verizon numerous times but they don't seem to understand what the problem is and keep telling me i have to wait. 

Has anyone gone through this? Does anyone know if I can reset my promotion from Verizon ? I'm just not sure what to do anymore. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disney+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the continued issues you are having with the Disney Plus subscription and the problems you encountered with trying to access it, Hkcreager. The added details from last week help to shed more light on the situation. Let's look at the current issue as things could've changed from one week to the next. Did you receive a confirmation email about signing up with the correct email address being used? Did you have an existing Disney subscription? When a customer signs up and enrolls for the promotion with the correct steps, they would be credited before being charged. Here's a link for more details https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=30faa254db0d40d03c0cf158bf9619bc and click on "Verizon Offer". Does this help? 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
turtledove773
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue. The product is on my account and says it is activated. Go to the Manage Disney link and enter in my email and password and it wants me to put in credit card information to purchase a subscription. @ hours on hold with Disney with them saying not our issue, we don't see your account and now 1.25 hours with Verizon saying it all looks good on our end, it's a Disney issue. I am hoping someone can be helpful around here! 

0 Likes
turtledove773
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not receive a confirmation email about signing up nor did I have an existing Disney + account.  

0 Likes
kfrye
Enthusiast - Level 1

To a tee, this is exactly how it went for me nearly a week ago.  Chat with Verizon....they say contact Disney.  Chat with Disney....they say contact Verizon.  So incredibly frustrating, especially when every day I'm locked out is one less day on our 1 year trial, as Verizon shows that the timer started 6 days ago.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help. The first step is to uninstall the Disney+ app, then visit Eligibility and sign up in the link provided: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/disney-faqs/. Don't reinstall the app until you are prompted. Let us know if this resolves the issue. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to always ensure you get the promotion you qualified. In order for us to provide the best assistance possible, please send us a Private Message through your personal Facebook/Twitter account. Other ways to contact us would be found here: www.vzw.com/support/contact us. We hope to hear from you soon! MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
willipat

All of this could be solved if we could get through to a human being at Verizon!

0 Likes
notthedroidyouare4

"we want to always ensure you get the promotion you qualified."

That's a laugh and a lie. 

If you actually wanted us to get the promotion it wouldn't be impossible to actually use the promotion.

Like the others when I try to go to Disney to download the app I get shunted to a billing page.

So much for the free year. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

willipat,

Your human has arrived, and I'm eager to solve your Disney+ concerns right away! I see that this is your first message within this conversation, and I don't want to assume anything regarding your Disney+ concerns. Please let us know what exactly is going on with your Disney+ registration process so we can get you up and running in a jiffy. We'll be standing by.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes