Family child companion
philthehuskerfan

This app got reset on my kids phone how do I resend a link to get it set up again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family child companion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to pair with the companion app is a must. Our goal is to help. What happens when you follow the steps in this link https://vz.to/3gg3rzS (refer to the "Pair with child's app" section)? 

0 Likes
philthehuskerfan

Right now I am stuck on this screen

Screensho.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@philthehuskerfan ,

Thank you for keeping us updated. As you'll see in the link we had shared, once you have sent the link to the child phone, and have installed the Companion app, you'll need to complete the reset of the process through the Companion app, not the Parent app. Steps 7 through 10 in the "Pair with child's app" section will cover that, including the VPN option shown on your own phone.

0 Likes
philthehuskerfan

Thank you, but step 10 was skipped and I longer have the send invite. The reference link is not helpful because it assumes that it's a new setup. This is not the case.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, philthehuskerfan. Are you able to remove the childs number on Smart Family, and then re-add it. This may help you get the invitation link again.  

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
philthehuskerfan

This phone is on just kids plan  and I cannot see a place to remove the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to help you here and thanks for working with our team and we'd like to help you here. What's the make/model of your child's phone? -

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
philthehuskerfan

It is an iphone xs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Much appreciated. Is the device updated with the latest software as well as applications? When you are attempting this process, is the child application connected to Wi-Fi or the Data Network specifically?

0 Likes