Filing a Complaint
Chelsmaus

I switched over to Verizon back in October of 2019. At the time I was told by multiple Verizon employees that they were running a promotion where you would receive $200 for switching from another carrier to Verizon. The day I switched over I asked the manager who was assisting me about the promotion and how I would receive the $200. He explained to me I would have to be on the plan for 3 months and then Verizon would send it in the form of a Visa or MasterCard gift card (I don’t remember which). It made sense to me and I thanked him for his assistance. Three months went by and I never received a gift card. I started calling the customer service line which didn’t even know what promotion I was talking about and gave me no help. The 2nd customer service representative I spoke with actually told me to go back to the store that helped me to switch over. So I did except the location was now closed. I went to another location to speak with an employee. He was very helpful and upon further investigation and speaking with yet another customer service rep it was discovered that I had never submitted the rebate claim. Apparently at the time of switching over I was supposed to mail in a rebate claim. The manager did not give me these instructions. How was I supposed to know I needed to mail in a submission if he did not tell me? I asked him how I would get it and he told me I didn’t have to do anything but be on the plan for 3 months. Customer service said it was too late to submit the rebate and I was just out the $200. They didn’t even try to do anything to make up for their mistake! This is terrible customer service in my opinion. It would be one thing if I hadn’t inquired about the promotion in the first place, but I explicitly asked the store manager who was helping me to switch over how to get it and he gave the absolute wrong information and no I lost $200 I was eligible for. And to top it off I can’t find a decent person/decent email to make a formal complaint about this to. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Filing a Complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We sent you a Private Note to discuss this matter with you.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes