How much with the iPhone X be with an upgrade?
twinpride34

I know it is $999 for the phone but how much will it be if we have an upgrade to use with it?

Thanks,

Max

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How much with the iPhone X be with an upgrade?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Same overall price as the retail cost ($999 etc) although you could have the cost split into monthly payments to pay it over time

BryantK89

Agreed, 2 year upgrade cycles allow you to get a subsidized price. It doesn't appear that Verizon has made a statement about how the iPhone X will fit into that yet. Normally I pay $199 for a new iPhone - i'd be happy to make payments on a $299 (subsidized price) but not full retail, that wouldn't make sense.

0 Likes
corigurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

The phone is going to be $999 unless they have a promotion on the device. Verizon no longer offers discounts on phones for 2 year contracts. They only offer you paying the device off over 24 months, and  paying full retail price at point of purchase.

Unless there is a promotion, you are going to pay the full retail price.

BryantK89

Thank you for that.

Still kinda confused though, I called in a couple of days ago just to check the status of my account, and the rep assured me that I was "eligible for an upgrade since May of 2017".  Are they phasing the upgrade program out? Will they just be excluding high-end phones? Not sure if it matters, but I know i'm on a business account with them.

Thanks for helping, FYI! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
corigurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

It can be confusing lol...

They still have upgrade dates available per line...so if you pay for the device at the point of sale for the full price, your upgrade date will be the date you purchased the device on...so if I bought a new phone today 09/13/2017...my upgrade eligibility date would be 09/13/2017....so if you purchase it outright you can upgrade at any time essentially....

However, if you purchase the device on device payments for 24 months you will not be able to upgrade until the device is paid off...so if I purchased the device today 09/13/2017 I would not be able to upgrade until 09/13/2019....if I wanted to upgrade early though, I could pay off the device at anytime and upgrade same day....

The good thing about device payments is that the line access is cheaper. On contracts you paid $40.00 line access, with device payments the line access is $20.00 (or if you are out of contract)

0 Likes
DeuceBaseman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think the others understand what you are saying. They don't know that we are grandfathered in to the old 2 year plan/upgrade deal. It is my understanding that they got rid of all 2 year contract options EXCEPT for the few of us (who they probably hate) that are grandfathered in. So we should be able to continue to do the upgrade every 2 years thing. So I am wondering the same question. My upgrade is due in October, so I'm really excited to get the new iPhone X. I'm going to assume it'll be around $300-$500 for us. Which still isn't bad because we can just sell the current phone we have to make up most of the cost. Hopefully we know more soon. But if they somehow say the grandfather clause is no longer valid, I'd be really mad.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless dropped the option for subsidized two year contract pricing for all plans except certain enterprise and business plans in January 2017. If you still have the option for a two year contract, great, but you should note your line access fee increases from $20 to $40 for the length of the contract. For the majority of phones, the two year cost of ownership of the phone under the contract price including the higher line access fee is actually more expensive than the total cost of the device payment agreement and the lower line access fee for 24 months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
corigurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

What plan are you on?

They grandfathered the previous contracts that you were on....so they were still valid. However Verizon has removed the 2 year contract option for all basic and smart phones. So once those old contracts are over, they are over.

They only offer 2 year contracts on tablets, jetpacks, and other connected devices.

0 Likes
corigurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Basically once your previous 2 year contract is over, you cannot start a new one on a new device

0 Likes