Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Of course, thank you for working with us.

0 Likes
Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
Vincent817

I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 6s. It's on iOS 14.0.1 now but the problem predates when I upgraded to v14. A few days ago I spent an hour on the phone with Apple support to no avail. I toggled a bunch of settings and reset the network settings--none of it helped. Can you help?

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vincent817,

We'll be happy to help out. We'll send you a private note so that we can go through some troubleshooting with you. Please be on the lookout for that.

0 Likes
jimd5

Thank you so much anon232322!

I too have an unlocked iPhone (8) and have been looking for this solution for over a year (and I know many others are frustrated). I tried everything else - even factory reset with no success. In my case, I found an old SIM from another provider that I used to have but I left for the same reason (couldn't send images to non-iPhone). With the SIM for this provider (Red******) I was able to access "Cellular Data Network". I removed all APN settings and rebooted the phone with the Verizon SIM in it and it finally works!

Maybe the techs at Verizon can somehow clear the APN settings if you are not able to find a SIM that allows you to access "Celluar Data Network".

0 Likes
atlasdraws
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bless you, @Falconheavy !!  I've been struggling with this issue for months after switching to Verizon from Google Fi. Hours on the phone with Verizon later, your response actually did the trick!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent. We are very happy to hear that this is resolved for you, atlasdraws. Is there any other inquiries that you have that we can assist with further here? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
PTWithy
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is _totally_ the bleeping issue.  Verizon think they are being oh-so-clever by hiding the Cellular Data Network settings, but they are instead leaving their customers messed up.

I have this problem but even worse:  I enrolled with a Google Fi eSIM, and then switched to a Verizon eSIM, but no amount of deleting and re-installing the eSIM will clear out the Fi network settings, and hence, my phone _mostly_ works, but fails to send group MMS, presumably because the screwy Fi MMS settings are still there.

I guess if I follow your pattern, I will have to re-install the Fi eSIM, delete the Network settings, then re-re-re-install the Verizon eSIM.  What a bloody mess.

If there are and Verizon reps listening:  How about pointing this out to your tech staff?

0 Likes
PTWithy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, what you can do today is actually escalate this and coordinate with Apple so you don’t have more irate customers.  It’s insane that your customers have to figure this out for themselves.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes