I can't talk and text on my iPhone X. How can I fix this?
KMARTIN2129

When I am on the phone, I cannot send or receive text.  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't talk and text on my iPhone X.  How can I fix this?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the phone settings set up for simultaneous voice and data?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KMARTIN2129

Yes.  It was doing this when I first received it and I fixed the settings and it worked.  Now it has stopped again.

0 Likes
Re: I can't talk and text on my iPhone X. How can I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my text all the time, KMARTIN2129. It’s super upsetting to learn that you’re having this issue, and even worse, that it got fixed once and now it’s back. We’re the right team to help get this fixed. We need to ask a few more questions, to be sure we have a full understanding. If you end the call, and text from the same place, what happens? What error message are you getting if you try to text while on a call? Does it happen no matter who you’re texting to or from? What messaging app are you using?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dcrews72
Enthusiast - Level 3

do the update Apple said they had issue and released update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KMARTIN2129, we'll get you texting during your calls soon. I can understand how much this can limit your communications and how frustrating this would be. 

dcrews72 has a great suggestion, as it's always good to keep your phone up-to-date. Software often has fixes for know issues. What happens when you try to text? Can you use your browser during calls? Is your WiFi on when you have this issue. Please turn it off and test.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes