I cannot call ONE phone number from my iPhone X
mariapeaches

I cannot call only ONE number from my iPhone X.  The call won't go through.  It beeps three times, then hangs up.  It shows "user busy" on the screen.   However, I am able to RECEIVE calls from this number.  What is the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot call ONE phone number from my iPhone X
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would equally be confused to see why I am unable to call a certain number too, Mariapeaches. I would love to help and see what is going on. Are other people able to call this number? Have you been able to call this number in the past? Please tell me more. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
ATF101

I have this same issue.  I can text the number with no problems.  She can call me with no issue.  But when I try to call, it immediately beeps and says user busy.  Even when she is sitting next to me, not using her phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! We're sorry to read that you are having trouble calling one specific number, and we'd love to help. Please tell us more. Have you checked that the other person doesn't have a block on your number? Have you tried deleting your contact information from the other phone? Do you get a recording or a message on the screen saying that the other user is busy? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Rwk1

So what is the solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly troubleshoot this issue with you. Is this contact having trouble with receiving calls from any other numbers? Do they have your contact blocked, or on a do not disturb list? 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
MX0307
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same issue.  It's on a iphone 6s.  my wife can sit right next to me and when she calls she gets a screen that says "user busy".  My phone is unlocked.  No blocked caller.   Not in "Do Not Disturb" or silent mode.  We are on the same Verizon network.   I've had other people complain to me over the past 3 months that they cannot reach me when they call.  But most people can call me just fine.  What are you doing Verizon???

0 Likes
Teresabrealtor1

I have the same problem calling one specific # I tried calling from 2 different phones, also using *67 and same thing happened, rings 4-5 times then a message popped saying “User Busy” So that tells me that I haven’t been blocked.. I also turned my phone off and on a few times, plus recent my network and still not fix. I know is not busy cus the person I’m trying to reach is not on the phone 24-7 but I do know reception where this person is located is bad.. But I’m wondering if this person can call me even if I keep getting the “User Busy” call is not even going to voicemail anymore. I hope that at least my text gets delivered. Can this gets fixed or eventually will work as normal again?? Thanks any suggestions will help..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, Teresabrealtor1! Have you asked the user of this one number to attempt to call you and test?  -Marshall

0 Likes
Teresabrealtor1

Yes they can call and text, but my text/call don’t go through.. They don’t have me blocked also not on airplane mode, or do not Disturb etc. So I went to settings/cellular/ voice and data/and then 3G still sounds like if line is busy after 4-5 rings, but at least the “Busy User” on the screen doesn’t show up, so after many…many intents I was able to make a call go through, even with busy signal (but not busy for real) call lasted only 16 min.then call dropped, I tried again and  didn’t work.. So that tells me that is my carrier having issues with LTE?  I tried using 3G but is too slow and text don’t go through…I also noticed that using LTE my calls shows “as cancel call” but obviously I’m not canceling, so using 3G calls shows as “outgoing call” so that’s weird…  I also tried calling using 2 iPhones 6S and 8plus and both has same issues I also created a google # and still same problem, so from now on I’ll keep trying 3G went calling this person, but is not always working either, is so frustrated!
Is this Verizon having network issues?  BTW I just upgraded to IOS 15 and didn’t fix the problem… I just hope this gets resolved soon..

Thanks for responding 

0 Likes