Re: IPHONE X "RESERVATION"
SECURED2K
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed as I went back and upgraded a 2nd line a minute later after the first reservation and it went through successfully with the option to pick up locally on nov 3.

0 Likes
SECURED2K
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Apple can’t find your reservation, it is because the phone number entered does not match what was entered when the reservation was made. Typo?

0 Likes
SECURED2K
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apple is not offering unlocked (sim free) phones for the launch hence the requirement to go through an existing carrier. This might help to prevent people from just buying to re-sell.

once you enter your account info, apple’s site should ask for an account pin. If you are not getting this prompt, call Verizon via 611 and ask for technical support As this appears to be the step failing.

0 Likes
HiRez
Enthusiast - Level 2
If Apple can’t find your reservation, it is because the phone number entered does not match what was entered when the reservation was made. Typo?

No, because when you click the email link, you have to enter the reservation number along with your phone number. If the number is wrong, you will get the message "We’re sorry. We can’t find your reservation. Please verify your information and try again." (I just changed my phone # by 1 digit to try this). So you need to have the same phone # you used when you got in the reservation queue to even get back to the Verizon verification "complete order" screen.

0 Likes
SECURED2K
Enthusiast - Level 2

HiRez

The messsage about the number being incorrect on the reservation was for the previous user SUSWAS26.

Your issue as described appears to be an account pin problem. Contact Verizon technical support via phone by dialing 611 On your Verizon handset. 

SECURED2K
Enthusiast - Level 2

A minor correction. The issue HiRez described also could be incorrect last 4 of a social security number Or invalid billing zip code In addition to a missing or incorrect account security PIN number. All items asked for by apples site should be verified with Verizon customer support.

0 Likes
Uchok00
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem.

I have 2 lines, not pre-paid, month-to-month, not on contract.

i stayed up on Thursday night/Friday morning, and I was able to get into Apple store website around 12:10am, however, I was not able to complete the orders, and I was given a reservation number, Apple website said that an email will be send later with the link to complete the orders.

I got the emails around 10:30am Friday morning, stating that I have until 12 noon, Saturday to complete the online order process, however, I was not able to complete the purchase, each time I tried, at the very end of the process, Apple website would display “unable to complete“ and delete the iPhone X order from my ”bag”.

I called Apple customer service rep Friday afternoon, they couldn’t find the reservation number in their system, even thought I received 2 separate emails from Apple, stating that I do have the iPhone reserved for launch date pick up.

i went to the Apple store on Friday night, on the advice from Apple customer service rep, the Apple store employee couldn’t help me, they said it may be Verizon issue with my account.

I called verizon wireless Friday night, they said my account is in good standing, so I tried to call Apple back on Friday night, they were so busy that they hung up my calls. I guess the queue line got so bad that they couldn’t handle the volume.

I called Apple again on Saturday morning, asking for help, i was on the phone with a rep for a good 45-60 minutes, he couldn’t help me, and just cold-transfer my call to the apple technical helpline, so I had to explain the whole situation again, and the Apple tech rep couldn’t help me either.

saturday noon passed, and I still couldn’t use the Apple reservation numbers that were given to me.

so I ordered the phones again, but now, both phone have the estimated delivery time in mid December.

so I stayed up on Thursday night/Friday morning for nothing.

do not trust the Apple reservation number anymore, I am keeping the emails that Apple sent to me as a reminder and evident of what not to do, when trying to get apple customer service to help me.

iphonex epic_fail​ apple_dont_care​

0 Likes