Re: IPHONE X "RESERVATION"
ROBFAN7

I just received the email to complete my purchase. It kept the same delivery date as quoted earlier.

0 Likes
SECURED2K
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ordered around 10 minutes after the pre order start time and had a 2-3 week delivery time. However local pickup was Nov 3. Chose local pickup and received the reservation notice.

reservation confirmation email arrived about 2.5 hours later.

reservation link arrived 8 hours later, but the deadline time was from about 2 hours earlier.

placed the order but local pickup was no longer an option. The 2-3 week delivery time was still available.

0 Likes
brianmatiash

Same. Just got the email from Apple telling me that i am able to finalize my order. Even better is that they honored my 11/3 delivery date. Order placed and we’re good to go.

To others who who have reservations, just sit tight for a bit. It looks like Apple is starting to process thru these reservations and theyre Honoring whatever the wuoted delivery date was when you first attempted the order.

Happy days!

0 Likes
fisheratwerk
Enthusiast - Level 1

For those who got the reservation email and then couldn't get into the apple website, is your phone on a prepaid plan?  It took some investigating but I think that's the issue.  If you go to the verizon website they don't let you order the iPhone x if you have a prepaid plan.

SECURED2K
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not prepaid but did take over 2 hours for first confirmation and 8 additional hours for the ready to order email.

0 Likes
JWILLING

I am not on a prepaid plan, but I am brand new to Verizon. I'm guessing that had something to do with it...

I ordered through Apple and received my reservation number about 5 minutes after launch. I received the the "complete order" email just before 1:00PM CST with a delivery date for Nov. 3! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
sleazycarlos
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is on a prepaid and have received my email to complete my order. I cannot complete the order now and cannot find any way to get my phone ordered.

0 Likes
ANTLOM94

Same issue. Quoted 11/3, got reservation, pick up in store. Email came and said 2-3 weeks, no store pickup option. That’s irritating. I think if Verizon had verified on the spot there wouldn’t have been the delay.

0 Likes
SUSWAS26

I did. I ordered at 12:08am. Got my "complete the purchase in 24 hours" email (that ends at 12:00am tonight) at 10:29am. I spent an hour on the 800 number when the link said it could not find my reservation. The 800 line people don't know anything and cannot research anything with your reservation number. Only your phone number and email address. Then I spent about an hour on the chat once I got through. They said I was the first one to complain (seriously????) They said to wait and try later. I want my reservation date held!!! They honestly don't know anything. Tried again 4 hours later. Still not working. #EpicFail Apple!

0 Likes
HiRez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the problem where Apple couldn't verify my account information with Verizon (I'm not sure why they need to do this since I'm paying full price up front, but anyway). I got the message from Apple about "We'll reserve this for you" about 12:12am. Then got the "Your phone has been reserved" email at 2:42am. Then finally at 10:51am I got the "Important information about your iPhone reservation" email with a reservation number and "Complete Order" link.

So far so good, sounds like everything is fixed and ready to go, right? WRONG. I click the link, enter my reservation number and phone number, then it takes me back to the "Verizon verification" screen that was problematic where I have to enter the phone #, billing zip code, and last 4 SS. STILL ERROR with message "We're sorry. We can't find your account information with Verizon. Please verify your information and try again.​" I've tried this like 100 times now (I know my info is correct) and no dice, it seems like Apple is still unable to communicate with the Verizon systems.

Which is weird since the initial email said "We will email when we’re able to reach the carrier systems." But obviously something never got fixed, or got re-broken. So boo Apple and boo Verizon, I can't believe you guys still can't get this stuff to work.

Is anyone else having this same problem?

p.s. -- I confirmed all my info on the Verizon site, confirmed my account is in good standing and paid, and confirmed that my phone line is not locked down under a contract...it is eligible to be upgraded.

0 Likes