Impossible to Cancel Trade-In
mdbpitchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

On 9/25/21, I ordered the new iPhone 13 Pro. I thought it would be a good time to get a new phone, since I was getting married on 10/10/21. I knew the phone would have a great camera to capture memories. However, when I realized that my phone would not arrive before the wedding, I canceled the order. I didn't want my brand new $1000 phone to be sitting on my front porch for a week while we were on our honeymoon.  

I canceled the order on 10/2/21 with the intention of re-ordering the same phone with the same trade-in promotion so that it would be delivered after we returned. But for some reason the trade-in associated with the order was not canceled. Since then, I have been dealing with a nightmare of customer service calls and chats, trying to resolve.

The issue with the uncanceled trade-in is this: when I am trying to place a new order that has a trade-in option, I am not able to select my phone (because it is associated with the trade-in that didn't cancel properly). I've called several times to the trade-in department, been on hold for many hours (and sometimes even hung up on), and even received ticket ID on 10/5/21 that apparently means nothing. This ticket supposedly expedited my request to cancel the trade-in to HQ and should have been resolved in 3-5 business days. However, it is now 11/5/21 and it is still active. I have also tried the chat function several times with no avail.

At this point, I can no longer utilize the promotion to get the iPhone I wanted. I am very upset about this, knowing that I will have to continue with my sub-par iPhone XR for at least another year. In addition to this, no one can seem to cancel the trade-in, so I will likely deal with this issue in the future. I'm seriously contemplating getting a new line with AT&T and carrying my phone over there, but I'm afraid that since I have initiated a trade-in at Verizon that I would somehow run into issues with this too, with a possible carrier-lock situation. 

I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I can't seem to get in touch with anyone that can help me. Any positive thoughts would be appreciated. 

Sincerely,

mdbpitchick

Labels (1)
Re: Impossible to Cancel Trade-In
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting the issue resolved as soon as possible. To cancel your Trade-In Submission, please check the link below under the Troubleshooting section.

https://www.verizon.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/#/support/contact-us/

~Maria Elena

0 Likes
mdbpitchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've actually made this post before and someone tried to help me over messenger but the link to chat with them didn't work. Now they're not answering my private messages so I thought I'd try to create another post, but you didn't even try to really help me. 

Calling does not help, I've gotten as far as getting a trade-in employee to "expedite my request to HQ" and even gave me a ticket ID number, but that was never resolved (the ticket ID was given to me over a month ago and was supposed to have been resolved in 3-5 business days).

Every time I call, I have to sit on hold for 20-30 minutes before I even get to a person, and then they're not helpful. I don't have time to keep calling. 

Any real help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdbpitchick, please send us a Private Note, so I can help you here with your trade-in concerns. *Bee

0 Likes
mdbpitchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bee, I'm still waiting for someone to respond to my private message from 11/1/21. Do I need to send a new one?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want this resolved ASAP and have sent you another Private Message to get this resolved.  Thank you for your patience.-Sean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is Sean just checking in with out Follow Up today.  Our ticket that was filed showed that the Trade-In has been removed.  However, it can take some time for that to appear on the website end of things.  Unfortunately we do not have an exact timeline, but it definitely should not take very long.  What happens now when you attempt to completet the Trade-In?-Sean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have also reopened that ticket that was completed to find out more about the timeline of when it should be working since the device was already removed from the Trade-In list on our end and to see if anything else can or needs to be done.  We are just waiting for that reply as well.  It is likely that it may just need a little more time to appear correctly on our Trade-In site since the ticket was just completed yesterday a little less than 24 hours ago.-Sean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all your patience.-Sean

0 Likes
mdbpitchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

It still shows that my trade in has been initiated, and when I try to complete the order, my device does not show as one available to trade in. 

0 Likes