Impossible to Cancel a Trade-In
mdbpitchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

On 9/25/21, I ordered the new iPhone 13 Pro. I thought it would be a good time to get a new phone, since I was getting married on 10/10/21. I knew the phone would have a great camera to capture memories. However, when I realized that my phone would not arrive before the wedding, I canceled the order. I didn't want my brand new $1000 phone to be sitting on my front porch for a week while we were on our honeymoon.  

I canceled the order on 10/2/21 with the intention of re-ordering the same phone with the same trade-in promotion so that it would be delivered after we returned. But for some reason the trade-in associated with the order was not canceled. Since then, I have been dealing with a nightmare of customer service calls and chats, trying to resolve.

The issue with the uncanceled trade-in is this: when I am trying to place a new order that has a trade-in option, I am not able to select my phone (because it is associated with the trade-in that didn't cancel properly). I've called several times to the trade-in department, been on hold for many hours (and sometimes even hung up on), and even received ticket ID 4994054 on 10/5/21 that apparently means nothing. This ticket supposedly expedited my request to cancel the trade-in to HQ and should have been resolved in 3-5 business days. However, it is now 10/28/21 and it is still active. I have also tried the chat function several times with no avail.

At this point, I can no longer utilize the promotion to get the iPhone I wanted. I am very upset about this, knowing that I will have to continue with my sub-par iPhone XR for at least another year. In addition to this, no one can seem to cancel the trade-in, so I will likely deal with this issue in the future. I'm seriously contemplating getting a new line with AT&T and carrying my phone over there, but I'm afraid that since I have initiated a trade-in at Verizon that I would somehow run into issues with this too, with a possible carrier-lock situation. 

I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I can't seem to get in touch with anyone that can help me. Any positive thoughts would be appreciated. 

Sincerely,

mdbpitchick

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Impossible to Cancel a Trade-In
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have reached the right person to help you. No need to look any longer. I would love to help.  I have sent you a private message so we can get started. -Amber

0 Likes
mdbpitchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Amber, 

I tried the link in your private message, but I'm am getting this error: 

HTTP header value exceeds the configured limit of 8192 characters

Can you please send a new link?

Thanks,

mdbpitchick 

0 Likes
imooc

I am facing the same issue of trade in cannot be canceled. How did this resolve?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

imooc, we want you to be able to trade-in your device without a problem. Can you please explain why you have or want to cancel the device you were trading in? Please provide details so we can find a resolution. Thanks! -Alicia

0 Likes