Installing verizon messages on my iPhone XR
TR831

Hello, 

So I want to install Verizon Messages on my iPhone XR so that I can synch it with my computer so I can print out a thread of texts (I need the actual content of the texts).  I installed the app on my phone, clicked all the "allow" buttons (notifications, contacts, camera) and I get a link texted to me.  When I click on the link, it asks me if I want to open this pate in Message+.  I click open and it tells me Error please scan valid qr code.

I can see it's using my camera, and the red scanner line is moving up and down.  I tried taking a picture of the qr code with my friend's phone and scanning it from there, but it also said it was invalid.  HELP!!  

Of course, if there is a different way for me to print out a whole text thread (it started in August on 2019), please let me know and I will go that route.  This is SUPER frustrating!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Installing verizon messages on my iPhone XR
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, TR831. We never want you to have any issues when setting up Verizon Messages on your device, and we will make sure to help. What other option are you presented with when asked if you want to open the link with Massage+?       DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
TR831

When it asks if I want to open the page in "Message+", if I click cancel, I can click below if this is the same device you are activating and then it asks me again if I want to open in "Message+".  It then says validating code and then I get the Error please scan valid QR code

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. Have you tried to remove and reinstall the app to complete the set up once more?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
TR831

Multiple times

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

click ok instead of of cancel!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update, TR831. As bearone21 mentioned, instead of clicking cancel when you're prompted, what happens if you click ok to proceed with the setup? 

Also, what happens when you use the link here to view your texts online (http://spr.ly/6600GL3vI)? Let me know what happens with this, as the sync may already be in place for your line. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
TR831

I've clicked okay and cancel and it's the same thing both times, it says Error scan a valid QR code or something like that.  I did check on my text online and it's only my texts from yesterday and today.  I need to be able to print out a conversation from earlier this year that started middle of last year.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ok. So, the integrated message service will only sync things that from the last 90 days, and it only starts syncing once linked. Since you are already seeing content from the last couple days, you're likely running into the error because you've already successfully synced. Now, your other feature from Messages+ is that is automatically backs messages up to the cloud, but that is only for storage and recovery cases, in case you need to reset a device, or if a phone is lost. You won't be able to print the older conversations: https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/ In your situation, your best bet will be to see if there's an app designed to print out chat conversations specifically, otherwise, you can screenshot the messages and email them to yourself. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thank you for clarifying. Have you tried to remove and reinstall the app to complete the set up once more?  DavidR_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @davidr_vzw   How about explaining the procedure for scanning the QR code?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes