Insurance claims when you owe money on your account
alldayshade

I am having money problems, I recently got my own account after being on a family plan for the last 8 years or so. I have been pushing my bill back using the promise to pay feature and haven't made a payment yet since switching to my own account. My phone has been acting weird and I may need to file an insurance claim. Will they approve my claim if I haven't paid anything yet on my new account I.E. my phone bill which includes total mobile protection? Will I need to catch up on my bill or can I file the insurance claim and be sure it will be approved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Insurance claims when you owe money on your account
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you planning to pay the insurance deductible if you are having trouble paying the service bill? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

That implies you are capable of paying your bill, but have been putting Verizon last on your list?   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how hard it is to be on you own and we want to offer you the right options for your needs. The insurance claim is used for lost, stolen and damaged phones and the status of your balance with us is not considered by Asurion at 888-881-2622 or http://wwwphoneclaim.com/verizon when filing a claim. May I ask what exactly is happening with your phone as we would typically help with any thechnical concerns and warranty needs? What model is your device? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes